It’s funny how many brunch recipes I have when I have never really been a “breakfast person.”
I do however love to host brunches, because your options for food are just endless.
This Spring I hosted a brunch in honor of my oldest daughter’s graduation from 8th grade and making her Confirmation. I still have yet to blog all of the recipes!!
(Find the brunch by clicking HERE )
- 3 cups fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1/2 cup green onions, chopped
- 8, flour tortillas, for enchiladas
- 2 1/2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine your onions with your ham. Put approximately 1/3 of a cup down the center of your tortilla, top with 2-3 Tablespoons of cheese. Roll “enchilada style” and place seam side down in pan. Do this for all 8 tortillas.
In a mixing bowl combine the eggs with the flour, half and half, salt and pepper. Beat until mixed thoroughly. Pour over tortillas. Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
Remove the enchiladas 30 minutes before you are ready to bake them. Top with remaining cheese.
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
Bake covered for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 15 minutes more. The cheese will be melted and bubbly.
Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve with salsa, sour cream, guacamole, whatever your heart desires!
You can use cheddar cheese to make them more mild.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 527 Total Fat: 27g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 230mg Sodium: 1079mg Carbohydrates: 37g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 4g Protein: 32g