This Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Pork recipe is incredibly tender, flavorful, bright, and perfect for any tacos, rice, burritos, and so much more. An easy Crockpot meal that is perfect for Cinco de Mayo or easy weeknight dinners!
What is better than tender pork that has cooked in a lime marinade and fresh cilantro? Pair it with cauliflower rice or regular rice for a match-made-in-heaven. Whether you are enjoying this cilantro and lime pulled pork by itself with avocados and tomatoes or in a taco garnished with onions and jalapeños, you are definitely going to want to keep this slow cooker recipe around!
I love to pair this lime pulled pork with my Mexican Four Bean Salad and Mexican Layered Bean Dip for any joyous occasion or simple weeknight that calls for good food. Got any chips and salsa? Those would be a perfect addition!
Why You’re Going to Love This Carnitas Recipe
- So easy to make: This cilantro lime pork tenderloin recipe is ready in just a few simple steps! The perfect option for anyone looking for an easy recipe that can be dumped and forgotten.
- Delicious in flavor: All thanks to the spice-filled taco seasoning, citrus flavors, and fresh cilantro, this pulled pork is so yummy and perfect for when you’re craving something savory.
- Made with just a handful of simple ingredients: Prepared with just five ingredients, this easy dinner recipe is minimal and stress-free!
Ingredients You Need
Pork tenderloin – Slicing a tenderloin before placing it in the Crockpot isn’t necessary, but it does speed up the cooking process by 30-60 minutes.
Taco seasoning – You can make your own taco seasoning or use a package of taco seasoning like you would buy from the grocery store.
Chicken stock – If you don’t have chicken stock, then you can use vegetable stock instead.
Lime – You will need one to two whole limes for juice and zest.
Cilantro –Fresh cilantro is best! Make sure to snip the ends of the cilantro leaves. You can use more cilantro for garnishment, too.
Optional Serving Suggestions
Serve this cilantro lime pork recipe with a variety of garnishments that will truly transform the dish!
- Sliced avocado
- Lime wedges
- Fresh jalapeño
- Tomatoes or salsa
- Flour or corn tortillas
- In a burrito bowl with rice or cauliflower rice or pinto beans
How to Make Slower Cooker Lime Pork
For the full instructions, scroll down to the recipe card.
Combine ingredients: Place the pork tenderloin in the slow cooker. Sprinkle with taco seasoning and pour in the lime juice, zest, and chicken stock.
Cook the pork: Pour the chicken stock into the Crockpot and cook on low for six hours.
Shred the meat: Next, shred the pork tenderloin. Stir in the cilantro.
Serve: Serve the warm meat in rice bowls or on tortillas as tacos or burritos. Garnish accordingly.
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
Don’t forget to save this recipe to find it easily! Pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board before you go!
- Store the leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three to four days.
- To freeze, transfer the ingredients to a freezer-safe storage container or bag and freeze for up to six months. When ready to thaw, allow to thaw overnight in the refrigerator until ready to reheat.
- Make sure not to overcook the pork! It will be too tough if it is overcooked.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Homemade Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe
Slow Cooker Carnitas
Smoked Pork Tenderloin
Copy Cat Taco Bell Enchirito Recipe
Instant Pot Pulled Pork Tacos
Baked Chicken Taquitos
Hot Taco Five Bean Dip
Let’s get to the simple recipe for this Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Pork!
Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Pork
- 2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice + 1 teaspoon lime zest
- ¼-1/3 cup fresh cilantro snipped (+ more for serving if desired)
- For serving: sliced avocado, lime wedges, fresh jalapeño, tomatoes or salsa
- Serve on flour tortillas like tacos or in bowls with rice and pinto beans.
Place pork in slow cooker, sprinkle with taco seasoning and pour in lime juice, zest and chicken stock. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours.
Shred meat and return to liquid in the slow cooker, stir in cilantro.
Serve warm meat from slow cooker on tortillas or in rice bowls, garnished to your liking.
Leave a Reply