Creamy bean dip packed with flavor and topped with all sorts of ooey gooey cheese, baked to dipping perfection. I could make a meal out of this dip!
I truly have no idea where the name of this dip came from or why it’s called “trash” when clearly it’s full of nothing but ooey-gooey cheesy GOODness. I have seen it everywhere, from Pinterest to just about every church cookbook. Some versions differ slightly, but this is the one we are fond of. I mean, what’s not to love? Refried beans, cream cheese, sour cream, taco seasoning and lots of CHEESE!
This is a go-to for me when we have company over, or when I need to take something to a get-together. What makes it easy is you can whip it up way ahead of time, using a disposable foil baking dish, like EZ Foil® by Hefty® Bakeware Pans or Reynolds® Bakeware Pans, and there is no mess when you’re done. Nothing to clean up, once the last little bit of dip is gone, simply recycle the pan, done and done!
Hefty® and Reynolds® are always there when you need them, and now you can save your school and your kitchen at the same time! I am sure, by now, you have heard about Box Tops for Education? So many products we purchase every day have that little clip-able box top square, and collecting them is so easy, and beneficial to our kids’ schools!
Get ready for school in the Hefty® and Reynolds® Box Tops for Education “School Supplied” sweepstakes and daily instant win game. They’re giving away thousands of product prizes PLUS 10,000 eBoxTops to 5 lucky schools!! While you’re entering make sure to grab yourself some coupons, too!
We are seasoned pros when it comes to clipping the box tops from the products we use all of the time. Box Tops for Education is one of America’s largest school earnings loyalty programs and has contributed millions of dollars to participating schools since the launch of the program in 1996. There are no stipulations on what the schools spend money on. Each box top is worth 10 cents to your school, let me tell you, that adds up FAST. We keep a little plastic container in one of our kitchen drawers, and clip them off as the products are used, drop them in, and take them to school when the container gets full. Our school has used the money from box tops for everything from playground equipment to computers.
We had some family over for a pool day a couple of weeks ago, and I whipped up this bean dip that morning, and popped it in the oven that afternoon for a poolside snack.
It worked perfectly to use a disposable foil pan!
I loved the red, white and blue tortilla chips I found in the deli at the grocery!
The dip was a hit with the company we had over and the easy clean up was a big bonus for me!
I think it would be perfect to take to those 4th of July get togethers, don’t you? Don’t forget to save the box tops for YOUR school off of the Reynolds® and Hefty® products that are sure to be making all of our lives a little bit cleaner and easier this long weekend!
- 2 (16 ounce) cans of refried beans - I use Old El Paso Spicy Fat Free
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 Taco Seasoning packet
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a mixer, whip together cream cheese, beans, taco seasoning and sour cream until smooth. Spread into a 9x13 EZ Foil® by Hefty® Bakeware Pan. Sprinkle with both shredded cheeses, and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cheese is slightly brown and dip is hot and bubbly around the edges.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Reynolds® Parchment Paper
- Reynolds® Cooking Baking Sheets
- Reynolds® Bakeware Pans
- Reynolds® StayBrite® Baking Cups
- Reynolds® Slow Cooker Liners
- Reynolds® Oven Bags
- Hefty® Strong Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags
- Hefty® Ultra Strong™ Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags
- Hefty® Ultra Strong™ BlackOut® Tall Kitchen Drawstring Trash Bags
- Hefty® Cinch Sak® Large Trash Bags and Lawn & Leaf Bags
- Hefty® Easy Flaps® Tall Kitchen Bags and Large Trash Bags
- Hefty® Renew® Tall Kitchen Bags and Trash Bags
- Hefty® SteelSak® Trash Bags
- Hefty® Twist Tie Tall Kitchen Bags and Trash and Lawn & Leaf Bags
- Hefty® Ultra Flex® Trash Bags
- Hefty® Easy Grip® Cups
- Hefty® Deluxe™ Plates and Platters
- Hefty® Everyday™ Soak Proof Bowls
- Hefty® Everyday™ Soak Proof Plates
- Hefty® Style™ Prints Cups
- Hefty® Style Plates
- Hefty® Ultimate™ Easy Grip® Cups
- EZ Foil® by Hefty® Bakeware Pans
What would YOUR school do with an extra 10,000 Box Tops from the #SchoolSupplied Sweepstakes?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.