- 5-6 chicken breasts, frozen is fine
- 1 (4 oz) can of green chilies + one can water
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes ( I used original, you can use the spicy if you want to heat them up some) + one can water
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 10-12 taco sized flour tortilla shells (I always buy the Carb Balance Mission brand, they have 120 calories and 13 grams of fiber)
- Shredded Cheese (I used fat free)
Place the chicken, chilies and Rotel and water in your crock pot. Cover and cook for 5-6 hours on high, until the chicken falls apart, and shred with two forks.
Place meat in your strainer and squeeze the excess juice out.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees and spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
Warm your tortillas in a microwave for about 30-60 seconds so they are soft and easy to work with.
Lay one down and place about 1/3 cup of meat and 1/8 cup of cheese toward the bottom and spread it out in a row like shown.
oll them up tightly from the bottom, and place them seam side down on your baking dish.
Continue with other tortillas.
I made 11 of them, because that is how many tortillas I had. I had enough left over to make at least 6 more, but I put it in the refrigerator to use on salads, or in chicken tacos for lunches.
Spray the top of the taquitos with non-stick cooking spray.
Place in oven.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy on the outside.
Watch them so your edges don’t burn!!
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 339 Total Fat: 14g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 80mg Sodium: 793mg Carbohydrates: 24g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Protein: 29g