- 4-5 pound rump or prime rib roast
- Herb and Spice Mix
- 1 T. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 t. each: dried parsley flakes, basil, pepper, Italian seasoning
- 1 t. salt
- Generous sprinkling of garlic powder and onion salt
- Au Jus Mix
- 1 beef bouillon cube dissolved in 1 cup of water
- Put meat in and ungreased pan on a rack, fat side up and bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes to sear the meat.
Put meat in and ungreased pan on a rack, fat side up and bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes to sear the meat.
Remove from oven and rub with Worcestershire Sauce, mix herbs and spices together, sprinkle over meat, rub in.
Continue to roast at 250 degrees for a total time of 15 minutes per pound.
This will make the roast Medium Rare.
Add bouillon to drippings to make Au Jus.
For extra, just use McCormick au jus packets, according to package instructions.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 9702Total Fat: 798gSaturated Fat: 330gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 377gCholesterol: 2143mgSodium: 5986mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 578g