This simple candy recipe will delight your friends and family with the perfect combination of chocolate caramel candy and salty pretzels. Make these Christmas Rolo Pretzels and they will quickly become one of your family favorites.
Every year during the holidays I make these easy treats and add them to my cookie and candy trays, but for some reason, I have never added how to make these Rolo Pretzels to my website. That changes today!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE ROLO PRETZELS
With only 3 ingredients, these easy treats are so simple to make and will put you in the holiday mood. This recipe makes 75 candies, so it is great for a party. It’s a good thing this Rolo Pretzel recipe makes so many because I guarantee you will not be able to eat just one!
These would also make a lovely homemade gift for neighbors, teachers, or co-workers. And, if you are entertaining for the holidays this is the perfect addition to your Christmas cookie platter.
INGREDIENTS NEEDED FOR ROLO PRETZEL RECIPE
- Rolo Candies – You will need unwrapped Rolos…unwrapping the candies is probably the most time-consuming portion of the recipe.
- Pretzels – You can use circular pretzel rings, square pretzels, waffle pretzels, or twists. My favorite brand is Rold Gold Pretzels.
- M&M Candies or pecan halves – Use red and green m&m’s to make these festive for the holidays.
HOW TO MAKE ROLO PRETZEL BITES
Find the complete measurements and instructions at the bottom of this post in the printable recipe card.
Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Place the pretzels in a single layer on the cookie sheet. Don’t worry about spacing them out as they are not going to spread.
STEP THREE: Place a Rolo chocolate candy on top of each pretzel or in the center of each pretzel ring.
Bake for 4 minutes in a preheated oven. As soon as they come out of the oven, press an m&m or pecan half on top of each Rolo candy. Allow candies to cool completely before eating. You can place them in the fridge for 5-10 minutes to speed up the cooling process.
Love these Rolo Pretzels? Don’t forget to pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board!
What are Rolo Candies? A Rolo is a chocolate candy with a caramel center. The original Rolo was invented in 1937 in Norfolk, England by the company, Mackintosh’s – who was known for its delicious toffee. In 1956, it was introduced to America and produced by the New England Confectionery Company. The candy is now produced by the Hershey Company in the USA and by Nestle in Europe.
Why is it called a Rolo? The Rolo acquired its name due to the rolled shape of the packaging – like a tube. The individual candies are more cone-shaped with a flat top and bottom.
Rolos – You could substitute caramel-filled Hershey’s kisses. Or if you prefer a caramel-free version you can use regular Hershey kisses or dove chocolates. Chocolate chips would work in a pinch – you would probably need 3-4 in each pretzel. Peanut butter cups would also be a fun variation.
Parchment Paper – A silicone baking mat would also work or aluminum foil is lightly oiled.
TIPS AND TRICKS
- Have the m&m’s and/or nuts open and ready before the candies come out of the oven, as they bake quickly. You will have to place them on before the chocolate hardens again.
- If your treats are taking too long to cool you can simply place your baking tray into the fridge once they’re decorated to speed up the cooling process.
- You can store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature for 4-5 days or up to a week in the refrigerator.
- This sweet treat is so versatile and can be made for any occasion. Use colorful m&m’s and these will be perfect for birthdays, baby showers, or any festive event.
MORE CHRISTMAS CANDY RECIPES
When I am putting together my holiday trays, I like to have a nice assortment of candies and cookies to choose from. Here are some more of my favorite candy recipes:
- White Ting A Lings (pictured above)
- Cinnamon Rock Candy
- Homemade Caramels
- Peanut Butter Fudge
- White and Dark Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- Candy Bar Fudge
- Christmas Cream Cheese Mints
Need an easy recipe for your next holiday party or cookie exchange? These Rolo Pretzels are so easy and tasty. Serve this sweet and salty snack, and everyone will return for more. Happy Holidays!
- 1 (16 ounce/1 pound) Rolo Candies, unwrapped
- 75 circular pretzels
- 75 M&M Candies or pecan halves
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the pretzels side by side on the baking sheet.
- Place a Rolo chocolate candy inside each pretzel center.
- Bake for 4 minutes and as soon as you remove the cookie sheet from the oven, press an M&M or pecan half into the center of the melty Rolo candy.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 113Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 352mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
Please note that nutrition is not guaranteed accurate.