Salty pretzels, creamy caramel, semi-sweet chocolate, and a sprinkling of sea salt, that’s right, only four ingredients and these sweet and salty treats can be yours to enjoy! Salted Caramel Chocolate Pretzel Bars are so quick and easy to make!
I have been making these bars for about 6 years and every time that I do, they get devoured in no time. There is just so much to love about them; No Bake, 4-Ingredients, Sweet & Salty – These Salted Caramel Chocolate Pretzel Bars have it all! The best sweet & salty craving cure!
Salted Caramel Pretzel Bars
Are you like me? Do you love those sweets that are a little on the salty side? Sweet & Salty treats are among my most favorite. Think … what’s your favorite candy bar? Does it have a little of both? The best of both worlds you might say? If it does — we have that in common! Well, today’s recipe falls into that category.
Salted Caramel Pretzel Bark
This recipe was originally posted as a part of #Choctoberfest, an annual food blogger celebration of all things chocolate, made possible by Imperial Sugar.
Caramel Pretzel Bars
This chocolate caramel pretzel bark is great for snacking or would make a great gift this Christmas holiday season. These will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth and also make the perfect treat on Valentine’s Day.
No-bake treats and bars like these are great at the holidays for a quick and easy hostess gift or a nice filler on holiday trays among the other goodies!
Ingredients for this salted caramel pretzel bar recipe
For complete ingredients and instructions scroll to the bottom of this post for the full printable recipe.
- Semi-sweet chocolate – I used semi-sweet chocolate but any kind of chocolate will taste great.
- Caramels – I used a full package of Kraft Caramel bits to make the caramel layer.
- Sea salt – A touch of sea salt enhances the flavor.
- Mini pretzel twists – Any type of pretzel twists will work.
One of the best things about this recipe? Four ingredients, no baking, and just plain easy!
How to make salted chocolate caramel pretzel bars
This no-bake dessert will take just a few minutes of your time to prepare.
Line a cookie sheet or baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with cooking spray. Melt chocolate.
Spread it into a “rectangle shape.”
Press pretzels into the warm chocolate in an even layer though it’s okay to let them overlap here and there.
Melt the caramels and pour over the top of the pretzels.
Drizzle with more melted chocolate.
Sprinkle with sea salt.
Place the pan in the refrigerator for the caramel and chocolate to set. You’ll need a little patience before you can start to enjoy the gooey caramel and pretzel pieces.
Cut or break into pieces and store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Love it? Pin it!
If you love this caramel chocolate pretzel recipe, make sure that you don’t lose it! Pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board before you go!
- Can I use store-bought caramel sauce instead of melting the caramels? Yes, absolutely. Store-bought caramel sauce would work really well.
- Can I use something other than pretzels to make these bars? You can use other salty snacks like potato chips, or crackers instead of pretzels.
- Can I make these salted caramel pretzel bars in advance? Yes, you can make these pretzel bars in advance and store them on the kitchen counter for a few days or freeze them.
- How do you cut these bars so they don’t crumble and fall apart? The best way to cut them is to allow them to cool completely and use a very sharp knife to cut them. Dip the knife in hot water so it slides easily into the bars.
Remember that when it comes to making substitutions in recipes, you don’t need to be afraid to get creative and use ingredients that suit your personal taste and dietary preferences. Make it your own!
Instead of semi-sweet chocolate use dark chocolate or milk chocolate.
Use gluten-free pretzels if you need to make gluten-free pretzel bars.
For vegan chocolate caramel pretzel bars use non-dairy chocolate and non-dairy caramel.
Tips & Tricks
- Use a microwave-safe bowl to melt the caramels in the microwave or melt them in a double boiler using a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Don’t compromise on the cooling time, it’s important that the bars set.
- Serve the bars at room temperature for the best flavor and texture.
- Gently press the ingredients down using a spatula so they can bind more easily.
More Bars and No-Bake Goodies to Check Out:
- S’Mores Treats
- Peanut Butter Twix Bars
- Easy Graham Cracker Toffee
- PB&J Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- Double Chocolate Caramel Brownies (pictured above)
Who’s ready for today’s recipe? Let’s get to it!
- 1 (12 ounce) package of good quality semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted and divided
- 8 ounces mini pretzel twists
- 1 (11 ounce) package caramels, melted
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, Melt 8 ounces of chocolate whether on the stove or in the microwave, on low, stirring frequently, when melted and smooth, spread into a "rectangle shape" on prepared pan.
- Press pretzels into the warm chocolate, it's okay to let them overlap.
- Unwrap and melt caramels with about 2 Tablespoons of water. Again you can do this on the stove or in the microwave. Just make sure you are stirring frequently. When caramels are melted and smooth pour them over the pretzels.
- Melt remaining 4 ounces of chocolate chips and drizzle over caramel and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Place in the refrigerator until caramel and chocolate are set. Break or cut into pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 56Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 171mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.
This recipe was originally posted on October 15, 2017. It has been updated with new pictures to improve user experience, but remains the same great recipe!