This fresh apple cinnamon cake is incredibly soft and filled with comforting spices! Made with fresh apples, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon for a combination of flavors that your family will love. This moist fresh apple cake recipe is just like grandma’s cake!
Perfect for holidays, parties, or just whenever you’re wanting a good slice of cake, this apple cake is moist and full of delicious flavors the entire family will enjoy. We love to bake this cake in the fall whenever we’re craving something warm and spicy. Wanna know how to bring this cake to the next level? Top it with some Cool Whip, freshly made whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream– yum!
This recipe for cinnamon apple cake is one of those old-fashioned cakes that you only discover in a vintage cookbook. When my son brought this recipe home, I knew I had to try it out because he couldn’t stop talking about how good it was!
Similar to coffee cake, this raw apple cake is one of those delicious recipes you will want to make over and over again. This cake doesn’t last long in our house at all, especially during autumn and winter when we all crave warm spices. It’s hard to have just one piece!
Fall Apple Cake
Why This Recipe Works
- Easy: You would never guess how simple to make this cake is with all of its wonderful flavors. With just some basic kitchen ingredients and a few steps, you will have the house smelling like warm apple cake in no time.
- Full of Flavor: Fresh tender apples and combined with ground spices to create a balance that is sweet and spicy. Thanks to the fresh apples, this cake is incredibly soft on the inside and has a crisp golden brown top.
- Perfect for Holidays: This recipe for apple cake from scratch is great for all types of holidays and occasions such as potlucks, dinners, parties, and so much more.
What are the Best Apples to Use in a Fresh Apple Cake?
For baking, we like to use juicy and tart Granny Smith or Honeycrisp apples because both of these apples contain SO much flavor. Look for the apples that are crispy and loaded with tart flavors! For the full list of ingredients, be sure to scroll down to the recipe card.
Ingredients in Apple Cake
I really think you’re going to love this recipe! It couldn’t be easier!
- Apples: Make sure your apples are diced and ready for the cake! We like to use any kind of tart and crisp apple for this cake.
- Sugar: Both granulated and brown sugar are needed for this yummy cake!
- Oil: Any type of vegetable oil will would for this fresh apple spice cake, but I always reach for good old vegetable oil.
- Cinnamon: Ground cinnamon for warm aromas and flavors you will love!
How to Make Fresh Apple Cake
First, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a 9X13-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Dice up the apples.
Next, toss the diced apples with the sugars.
Then, beat the eggs with vanilla, then add the mixture to the apples. Add the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt. Combine.
Combine well and place in pan.
Bake for one hour. Enjoy!
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
Make sure to save this fresh apple cake on your baking Pinterest recipe board before you go! You’ll want to make sure you have this crowd-pleaser for later!
Should Apples be Peeled for an Apple Cake?
No need to peel apples for this fresh apple cake! It’s up to you–I’ve prepared this cake with both unpeeled and peeled apples and both results were fantastic and delicious.
Should you Refrigerate Fresh Apple Cake?
Since the cake contains fresh apples, you will want to make sure to store it in the refrigerator. When ready to enjoy this cake, enjoy it straight from the fridge or warm it up in the microwave!
- Feel free to add chopped pecans or walnuts to this recipe for extra textures and flavors.
- Check the cake at the one-hour mark to see if it is done. Insert a toothpick to the center of the cake to check.
- Place this cake in a freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to six months.
If you like this Fresh Apple Cake recipe, then be sure to check out my full page of cake and cupcake recipes! Finally, here are even more apple recipes if you happen to have an abundance of apples!
- 4 cups apples, diced
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare a 9×13 with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss apples with sugars and oil.
- Beat eggs with vanilla, add to apples. Add the rest of the ingredients, combine well and place in pan.
- Bake for one hour.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 251Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 259mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 29gProtein: 3g
Please note that nutrition is not guaranteed accurate.