Moist spiced applesauce coffee cake, topped with a buttery streusel topping made with pecans. Perfect for brunch, or anytime snacking.
Coffee cake is one of my favorite brunch items. There is just something about the combination of that and a strong piping hot cup of coffee. Best part of coffee cake in my opinion? That topping!! This Applesauce Coffee Cake has everything I love — moist spiced cake, and a delicious crunchy topping!
^LOVE IT? PIN IT!^
This post is sponsored in conjunction with AppleWeek . I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Have you heard?? It’s APPLE WEEK! What’s apple week? It’s a fun week that has been put together by Carlee from Cooking with Carlee, a whole bunch of food bloggers get together and for a whole week, we share TONS of apple recipes!! I have already shared one, my Fresh Apple Granola, and I have one more to come, My DQ Apple Pie Blizzard. Carlee worked with some very sweet and generous sponsors, and they not only gave us products to use in our posts, but they have given some really awesome prizes, too! If you’d like to read about each sponsor and what they contributed for prizes, you can check all of that out here.
Want to enter to win?? You can do that right here!!
For this Applesauce Coffee Cake, I used light Imperial Light Brown Sugar in both the cake and that dreamy crunchy topping! Imperial Sugar is always so generous with us for events like these! They shipped me a whole box of brown sugar and granulated sugar, plus a super cute apron and baking mat.
What DO I need to Make This Applesauce Coffee Cake?
- Flour, Imperial Light Brown Sugar, Baking Soda and Baking Powder
- Butter, Eggs, Vanilla, Cinnamon
- Cinnamon Applesauce
In a bowl, combine flour and brown sugar, cut in cold butter with a knife or a pastry blender.
Remove 1/2 cup of this mixture and place in a smaller bowl. Add to it, pecans and cinnamon, this is your topping. Set aside.
Add in remaining flour, baking powder and soda, eggs, applesauce, vanilla and cinnamon.
Beat until well blended. Pour the batter into a 9×9 baking dish and sprinkle with topping. Bake for about 30 minutes.
Take a deep breath in, fill your senses with the aroma of this delicious Applesauce Coffee Cake. Pour Yourself a nice cup of coffee and slice yourself a piece and enjoy it while it’s warm. You deserve it.
Here’s a List of what all of the Other Bloggers have for you today!
- Apple & Lentil Andouille Crockpot Stew by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apples and Chai Smoothie by Our Good Life
- Apple Cider Cutout Cookies by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Apple Cider Pancakes by Family Around the Table
- Apple Cinnamon Cake by Girl Abroad
- Apple Cinnamon Pull Aparts by The Freshman Cook
- Apple Crepes by Caroline’s Cooking
- Apple Crisp Ebelskivers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Apple Fritter Monkey Bread by Mildly Meandering
- Apple Herb Stuffed Pork Chops by West Via Midwest
- Apple Pudding by The Anthony Kitchen
- Apple Raisin Oatmeal Cookies by The Monday Box
- Apple Scones with Maple Sugar Butter by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Apple Stuffed Chicken Breast by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Apple Upside Down Cake by Lemon Blossoms
- Appledoodle Cookies by Cookaholic Wife
- Applesauce Coffee Cake by An Affair from the Heart
- Applesauce Muffins by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Baked Apple Donuts by Corn, Beans, Pigs and Kids
- Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Apples by Simple and Savory
- Bourbon Apple Pecan Bread Pudding by Soulfully Made
- Caramel Apple Crumb Cake by The Redhead Baker
- Caramel Apple Jam by Books n’ Cooks
- Gingersnapple Tart by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Chicken Salad Apple Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dutch Apple Cobbler with Cheesecake Topping by Who Needs a Cape?
- Dutch Apple Coffee Cake by Daily Dish Recipes
- German Apple Pancakes with Cider Syrup by House of Nash Eats
- Grilled Cheddar Cheese with Apples and Hatch Chile Hot Sauce by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- One Pot Jamaican Jerk Chicken and Apples by Jonesin’ for Taste
- Oven Roasted Apple Butter by Savory Moments
- Pork Chops with Apples and Bacon by The Anthony Kitchen
- Salted Caramel Apple Crumble by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Savory Skillet Chicken and Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- Slow Cooker Pork with Apples by Palatable Pastime
- Sugar Free Apple Pie with Crumble Topping by Tip Garden
- Vegan Caramel Apple Galette by The Baking Fairy
Shall we get to the recipe? Yes, yes we should!
- 1 1/2 cups flour, divided
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter, cold and cut into chunks
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 268Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 252mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 4g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.