This Copy Cat Dairy Queen Apple Pie Blizzard is made with spiced apples, vanilla ice cream and cinnamon pie crust.
What’s more American than Apple Pie and Ice Cream? How about Ice Cream that has Apple Pie in it?? An Apple Pie Blizzard!
A couple of years ago, Dairy Queen moved in a mile from our house. Sure, that probably sounds like a good thing, right? When you have my will power, it can be a challenge. DQ Blizzards can literally beckon from waaaayyyyy over there…… Typically I can talk myself out of it, but in the fall? Not so much. Their fall flavors are Apple Pie and Pumpkin Pie and my, my, my — I cannot resist them. My daughter and I will get one of each and share them, because decision making is hard, guys. That pumpkin pie one will be happening next, but first …. I present you my final Apple Week post —
My Copy Cat Dairy Queen Apple Pie Blizzard!
This post has been sponsored by Swiss Diamond and Apple Week. All of the opinions are my own.
^Love it?? PIN IT!!^
Apple Week has been a lot of fun. I have already shared with you my recipe for Fresh Apple Granola and my recipe for Applesauce Coffee Cake. This idea, for this copy cat DQ Blizzard came to me just a couple of weeks ago, when I was trying to think of something EPIC to make with my brand new Swiss Diamond Jêt Mix Immersion Blender. I’m pretty sure I nailed it.
I struggled to take a good picture of the box for you, because it was really tall!! It comes with TONS of cool attachments, and if you make your own baby food, you will simply have to invest in one. This thing is AMAZING.
Swiss Diamond Jêt Mix comes in matte black, red or cream, and comes with all of these accessories:
- Mincer– Minces, chops, purees and mixes heavy ingredients
- Ideal for fruits, vegetables, baby food, cooked meat, sauces, batters, soups and smoothies, nut butters
- Multi-purpose blade – Minces, chops, purees and mixes
- Ideal for fruits, vegetables, baby food, sauces, soups and smoothies
- Whisk – Stirs and mixes for a thick or creamy consistency
- Ideal for cocktails, dressings, protein shakes, marinades, creams, dips and mayonnaise
- Beater – Beats, foams, aerates and whips for a light and fluffy texture
- Ideal for eggs, cream, milk, soups, smoothies and sauces
- Mini Chopper
- Ideal for larger quantities of meats, vegetables, fruits, nuts, and dressings.
It’s FAST. I made my whipped cream for these blizzards in seconds. Yes, seconds, not even joking. I was shocked!
Look at the peaks it made!
Can’t have pie without whipped cream, right? I mean you could … but WHY would you??
Ingredients in this Dairy Queen Apple Pie Blizzard:
- vanilla ice cream, heavy whipping cream
- Granny Smith Apple
- refrigerated pie crust
- cinnamon, nutmeg, apple pie spice
- granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla
Start off my coring and peeling an apple. I like Granny Smith, because that is what I prefer to use in my pies.
Place it in a bowl and put brown sugar inside.
Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg, and cover tightly with plastic wrap and microwave to “bake it.”
While that is happening, sprinkle a refrigerated pie crust with cinnamon and sugar and bake it until it’s done.
Using the mincer on my Jêt Mix Immersion Blender I pureed my baked apple and placed it in the fridge to cool.
Then I used the beater attachment to whip my cream. (seconds … so cool!) Place in the fridge to keep it chilled.
Take the ice cream from the freezer and place it directly in an stainless steel bowl. Again, with the beater attachment, blend the ice cream until it’s thick and smooth. Don’t add any milk — just the ice cream.
Look how nice and thick it is. Add the chilled baked apple and mix it in quickly.
Break apart pie crust and fold into the apple blizzard mix. Serve immediately. Topped with whipped cream and a sprinkle of cinnamon, or apple pie spice.
Do you have a love affair with apple baking like I do?? I have gathered together all of my favorite apple recipes in one place, just for you!
If you haven’t already — make sure that you enter to win the amazing prizes being offered. You can see what they are right here.
I would like to extend a HUGE THANK YOU, to Carlee of Cooking with Carlee, our fearless leader and organizer of #AppleWeek !
Here are All of Today’s #AppleWeek Recipes:
- Apple & Chipotle Candied Bacon Deviled Eggs by Faith, Hope, Love & Luck
- Apple and Plum Crumble by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Apple Pecan Salad with Maple Cider Vinaigrette by Everyday Eileen
- Apple Sausage Skewers by The Cookaholic Wife
- Apple Pie Granola by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Apple Pie Jam by Tip Garden
- Apple Jamon Fontina Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Easiest Apple Strudel Recipe by The Anthony Kitchen
- Baked Apple Pancake by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Banana Apple Curry Soup by The Saucy Fig
- Bavarian Sauerkraut by Palatable Pastime
- Bourbon Apple Fizz Cocktail by Girl Abroad
- Bulgogi-Inspired Oven Beef Jerky by Culinary Adventures With Camilla
- Butterscotch Apple Oat Cookies by Family Around the Table
- Caramel Apple Salad by Daily Dish Recipes
- Caramelized Apple Wheatberry Porridge with Pepitas and Cranberries by The Baking Fairy
- Chai Spiced Apple Waffles by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Cider Glazed Roast Chicken by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Creamy Apple Cider Chicken Skillet by House of Nash Eats
- Chicken Sausage Stuffed Baked Apples by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cinnamon Sponge Charlotte Cake With Caramel Apples by Cooking With Carlee
- Creamy Beet & Apple Salad by Savory Moments
- Copy Cat Dairy Queen Apple Pie Blizzard by An Affair from the Heart
- French Apple Cake by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Glazed Chocolate Chip Apple Cake by Who Needs A Cape?
- Grandma’s Apple Butter by The Freshman Cook
- Granny Smith Pizza by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Instant Pot Apple Butter by Soulfully Made
- Pan Apple Mini Cakes by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Pork Tacos with Sweet Apple Slaw by The Redhead Baker
- Quick Applesauce for One by Shockingly Delicious
- Turkey Breast Roulade with Apple, Cornbread & Sausage Stuffing by Books n’ Cooks
Wouldn’t this be a great addition to your day? I think so!!
Let’s make some!!
for the apple:
- 1 medium Granny Smith Apple, cored and peeled
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- Sprinkling of cinnamon and nutmeg
for the crust:
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar
for the whipped cream:
- 1/2 cup cold heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar
for the blizzard:
- 3 heaping cups vanilla ice cream
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 2879 Total Fat: 132g Saturated Fat: 69g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 53g Cholesterol: 309mg Sodium: 1081mg Carbohydrates: 409g Fiber: 31g Sugar: 285g Protein: 29g
Disclaimer: Thank you AppleWeek Sponsors: Swiss Diamond, Nordic Ware, Envy Apples, Imperial Sugar, The Spice House, Rodelle Vanilla, Flahavan’s Irish Oats and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for AppleWeek recipes. All opinions are my own. The AppleWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Seven (7) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The AppleWeek Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the AppleWeek posts or entry.