Almond shortbread thumbprints, filled with raspberry jam and drizzled with almond glaze.
almond raspberry shortbread thumbprints
- Almond Raspberry Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- ½ cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¾ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 T milk
- Combine sugar and butter until creamy. Add almond extract and flour and mix until smooth.
- With a cookie 1 teaspoon sized cookie scoop, form balls. make a well into the center with your finger. I actually use a small measuring spoon or my index finger to poke a hole. (Be careful to mend any cracks, or the jam will bubble out the side.) Spoon jam into centers.
- They are not teeny tiny thumbprints!
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes, or until edges begin to brown slightly.
- Leave on cookie sheet for a couple minutes. Remove and cool for about 10 minutes more. While they are cooling, mix up the glaze. Drizzle over the warm cookies, glaze will set like a glazed doughnut.
- Makes about 2½ dozen