Flavors of a classic margarita; lime, tequila and salt, with just the perfect amount of sweetness in this fluffy dip made to mimic your favorite Mexican cocktail!
Cinco de Mayo is just right around the corner. Celebrate with this Margarita Dip with Salted Pretzels! Your favorite cocktail, now a dip!
Time to break out the tequila!! It’s party time. This year Cinco de Mayo falls on a Sunday, and you can bet we will be partaking in our favorite Mexican fare.
Mexican food has always been my favorite. I never get tired of it. When I was pregnant with my first child, it was all I CRAVED. The hotter the better.
My Mother-in-Law told me my baby would be born bald, because all of that heat was sure to burn it’s hair off!! LOL . How’s THAT for an old wives tale? He was born with a perfect little head and just the right amount of hair.
What did happen though? He, too, LOVES Mexican food, and he eats it even hotter than me!
^Love it? Pin IT!^
The margaritas that I make here at home are actually a copy cat recipe from a restaurant close by us called El Bee’s. They are seriously potent, but SO GOOD!
Take Two Tapas:
This recipe here comes from my friend, Jennifer. She is the mastermind behind one of my favorite food blogs, Take Two Tapas. I was so excited to get her blog for this round of Freaky Friday!
One, because I have never made anything from it I didn’t like. Two, because Freaky Friday landed right before Cinco de Mayo, and Jennifer is my tequila loving friend, and I knew that she would have something amazing for me in the way of a margarita to whip up that was perfect for Cinco de Mayo.
Recipes Inspired by Margaritas:
I wasn’t wrong. The worst part? What on earth to make?? Margarita cocktails? Margarita flavored food? These 4 recipes also made these list: Margarita Bars, Spicy Margarita Shrimp Skewers, Mango Margaritas or this Margarita Beer Shandy Cocktail.
In the end, it was her Margarita Dip with Salted Pretzels that won out. Serving this sweet fluffy dip with salted pretzels was just brilliant. I myself never leave a grain of salt on the rim of a margarita glass. I kinda have a thing for salt!
Jennifer made the very good point of saying though, to serve this dip with a pretzel that has more surface space, like a twist or these snaps I used here. More dip. You wouldn’t get that with a pretzel stick!
If you are wanting to go a different route though? This margarita dip would be amazing with fresh fruit!
This dip isn’t overly sweet. That’s what I liked most about it. The flavor of the tequila came out, but wasn’t overpowering. It starts with butter and cream cheese. Add in a little powdered sugar, triple sec and tequila, and finish it off with Cool whip and lime zest. That lime zest makes it so fresh and delicious.
As I mentioned earlier, this recipe is part of Freaky Friday. It’s a little group of blogger friends of mine that get together and do an old fashioned Blog Hop. Once a season, and during Christmastime, we get assigned one another’s blogs to cook from. Then, on Friday morning, we share our recipes that we have been keeping a secret, and we get to see what someone made of ours.
It’s always so much fun, and a great way for our readers to discover new food blogs and recipes!
Take a look at all of our Spring 2019 Freaky Friday Recipes:
- A Grande Life – Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
- An Affair from the Heart – Margarita Dip with Salted Pretzels
- Aunt Bee’s Recipes – BLT Pasta Salad
- Bowl Me Over – Macaroni Pasta Salad
- Hostess at Heart – Blueberry Buckle Recipe – Incredibly Easy To Make
- House of Nash Eats – Asparagus Tart
- Kylee Cooks – No Bake Blueberry Cheesecake
- LeMoine Family Kitchen – Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas Tacos
- Life Currents – Blackened Shrimp Pasta
- Lisa’s Dinnertime Dish – Spicy Thai Basil Slaw
- Mildly Meandering – Mediterranean Scalloped Potatoes
- Seduction in the Kitchen – Grilled Peach Caprese Salad
- Take Two Tapas – Spicy Bacon Wrapped Air Fryer Shrimp
- The Foodie Affair – Coconut Pie with Creamy Custard Filling
- The Speckled Palate – Instant Pot Macaroni and Cheese
- West Via Midwest – Air Fryer Cherry Pies
- Who Needs a Cape? – Slow Cooker Cheesy Taco Soup
Would you believe after spending almost 4 days with Jennifer last October that the only photo I have of the two of us is this silly Halloween Snapchat Photo? I look like a chipmunk!! But I am here to tell you, it’s always a good time when Jen is in the group! I get to see her again next week, and I can hardly WAIT!
Make sure you give her blog a browse. You will love her recipes! Plus — she is an absolute HOOT!
What do you say we get to this great Margarita Dip with Salted Pretzels??
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 8 tablespoons butter (one stick,) softened
- 1/4 cup tequila or lime liqueur
- 1 tablespoon triple sec
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- lime zest, for garnishing
- In a mixer, cream together the butter and cream cheese.
- Add in the triple sec and tequila (or lime liqueur) and mix to combine.
- Add in the powdered sugar.
- Remove from mixer and fold in the whipped topping.
- Place in serving dish, top with lime zest. Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Serve with salted pretzels.
Recipe from Take Two Tapas
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 254 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 13g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 39mg Sodium: 125mg Carbohydrates: 16g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 15g Protein: 2g