Chicken Verde (Green Chili) Enchiladas done easy, right in your crock pot!
I am so excited to bring you this post! Today I get the privilege of sharing with you a recipe and review of this awesome new cookbook: The Magical Slow Cooker!
Sarah, the author, is someone I have “met” through fellow food bloggers, and she makes the yummiest recipes! Every recipe she makes is made for or adapted to use her slow cooker. Genius!
There are recipes from Breakfast and Brunch to Party Food – Main Dishes & Side Dishes – from Soups, Stews and Chilies to Desserts.
You will swoon over the options and photos! I know that I did!
I leafed through, reading each recipe trying to chose one to share. What would I chose? I narrowed my first down to Fresh Green Beans, Taters and Bacon – Indian Butter Chicken – Peach Cobbler – or this Green Chili Chicken Enchilada Casserole.
This casserole won out in the end, (Mexican food typically does) but don’t think I won’t be working my way through all of Sarah’s fabulous recipes — and making that Peanut Butter Chocolate Fondue the next time I have a party! 😉
Grab your copy on Amazon — heck grab a couple and give them as gifts, who WOULDN’T want a cookbook like this?
Buy the Magical Slow Cooker Cookbook
My family loved this enchilada casserole, and it was a snap to make. I actually had all of the chicken marinating in the sauce overnight, right in the crock pot. I plugged it in and left for the day. Came home to a wonderful smelling kitchen., shredded it up, and added the rest of the ingredients. We scooped it into crocks, and topped ours to our liking. I used those new Tostitos Rolls .. aren’t they super cute? We are hooked.
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (10 oz) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (10.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 oz) can fire roasted green chili peppers
- ½ cup sliced green onion + more for serving
- ½ cup sour cream + more for serving
- 3 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 16 corn tortillas, cut into 1"x2" strips (3 cups total)
- For serving: Corn chips, avocado, sour cream, green onions (or anything else you desire!)
- Lay chicken in the bottom of your 6 quart slow cooker.
- In a bowl, whisk together enchilada sauce, soup, and peppers. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 8 hours. Do not remove the lid during cooking time.
- Uncover, shred the chicken. Return it to the slow cooker, stir in green onion, sour cream, 1 cup of cheese, and sliced tortillas. Pat the mixture down, top with remaining cheese. Cover, turn slow cooker to HIGH and cook for one more hour. Serve with desired garnishes!
The Magical Slow Cooker Cookbook also comes with tons of cooking and kitchen tips, too! A BIG thank you to Sarah for including me in her Book Blog Tour!
You can check out Sarah’s website at The Magical Slow Cooker