Moist and juicy rotisserie chicken made right in your slow cooker! So simple to make with only 5 ingredients. A flavorful dry rub seasons the chicken to perfection, and the crockpot does all of the work!
Slow cooker chicken can be used in a wide variety of recipes which makes having one on hand a smart move. Serve it as is or shred it for other dishes – the possibilities are endless. With this easy recipe, you will never have to buy a pre-made rotisserie chicken from the grocery store ever again. You won’t believe how much more juicy and flavorful the home-cooked version is, either.
Looking for more recipes using rotisserie chicken? Use it to make my Peach Basil Chicken Salad!
Did I mention that this Slow Cooker Rotisserie chicken recipe only takes 5 minutes of prep time? The dry rub seasoning is made with ingredients that you more than likely already have in your pantry. As you can see – there is barely any work required for this versatile dish!
CAN YOU PUT RAW CHICKEN IN A SLOW COOKER?
Yes! You can use any raw chicken in the crockpot.
CAN YOU COOK CHICKEN IN A SLOW COOKER WITHOUT LIQUID?
You do not need to add any liquid. Chickens today typically have some solution added, so they rarely need added liquid. The meat will be tender and practically falling off the bone. The only time the chicken comes out dry is if it is overcooked.
- Whole Chicken: Juicy, tender chicken is the star of this recipe. You’ll need approximately 4-5 pounds for this dish.
- Butter: To help increase the juiciness, butter is added to the inside of the crockpot.
- Brown Sugar: Adding a bit of sweetness, brown sugar is added to the seasoning.
- Kosher Salt: Salt is added to taste in many dishes but this Kosher Salt helps blend the seasoning together.
- Chili Powder: A dash of spice from the chili powder really makes the perfect balance of flavor.
HOW TO MAKE ROTISSERIE CHICKEN IN THE CROCKPOT
Be sure to scroll down to the recipe card to read the full details of this easy roasted chicken recipe!
Combine the brown sugar, chili powder, and kosher salt in a small bowl.
PREPPING THE CHICKEN
Tress the chicken. Rinse the chicken inside and out with cold water, and pat it dry with paper towels. Rub the seasoning mix all over the chicken.
Butter the inside of a crockpot. Place the seasoned chicken inside, breast side up.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK A CHICKEN IN THE CROCKPOT ON HIGH?
Cover and cook on high for 3 – 3.5 hours, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken thigh reads at least 165 degrees F.
TIP: If you want to achieve a crispier skin, transfer the crock portion of your slow cooker to your oven and set the oven to a low broil. Baste the chicken a couple of times while the skin crispens to your liking.
Transfer chicken to a platter and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO COOK ROTISSERIE CHICKEN IN AN OVEN?
Generally speaking, a whole chicken needs to cook at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes per pound.
LOVE It? PIN It!
Don’t forget where you found the recipe for this Crockpot Rotisserie Chicken! Pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board before you go, to find it easily!
Recipes that Use Rotisserie Chicken
Having rotisserie chicken on hand opens up a world of options when it comes to recipes! Batch cook your chickens and shred and save the chicken in freezer bags for adding to future recipes on busy nights!
Great ways to use rotisserie chicken:
- White Chicken Enchiladas (pictured above)
- Teriyaki Chicken Bake
- White Chicken Chili
- Chicken Waldorf Salad
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Instant Pot Chicken & Rice Soup
- Chicken and Doritos Casserole
HUNGRY FOR MORE CHICKEN RECIPES?
- Crockpot Hawaiian BBQ Chicken Sandwiches (pictured above)
- Easy Weeknight Chicken Parmesan Bake (5 ingredients!)
- Smoky Mountain Chicken
- Easy Sweet & Sour Chicken Recipe
- Instant Pot Crack Chicken
- Spatchcock Chicken and Vegetable Sheet Pan Dinner
- Crispy “Oven-Fried” Chicken in a Biscuit Sandwiches
- Chicken Pesto Pizza
Let’s learn how to make rotisserie chicken at home in your crockpot!
- 1 whole chicken, approximately 4-5 pounds
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- Butter the inside of a crockpot. Tress the chicken.
- Combine the brown sugar, chili powder and kosher salt in a small bowl.
- Rinse the chicken inside and out with cold water, and pat it dry with paper towels.
- Rub the seasoning mix all over the chicken and place it in the buttered slow cooker, breast side up.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 - 3.5 hours, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken thigh reads at least 165 degrees F.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and let it rest for 10 minutes before carving.
If you want to achieve a crispier skin, transfer the crock portion of your slow cooker to your oven and set the oven to a low broil. Baste the chicken a couple of times while the skin crispens to your liking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 73mgSodium: 424mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 21g
Please note that nutrition is not guaranteed accurate.