Buffalo chicken pizza adds the magic of tangy and spicy buffalo wing sauce to chunks of chicken breast for a great pizza topping. Any buffalo wing sauce recipe is sure to please, but seriously, combining buffalo chicken and pizza? That is an equation where one plus one equals TOO AMAZING for words!
Are you like us and have a serious love affair with all things hot wings and pizza? If so, then you are going to flip over this Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe! It is seriously the very best of both worlds, all baked into one sensational cheesy pizza!
So, skip the wings – make this to die for Buffalo Chicken Pizza with only 6 ingredients and have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes!
The BEST Buffalo Chicken Pizza Recipe
The first time I made this recipe was back in 2015. It was a sponsored post for Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips. It has been a family favorite ever since.
I wanted to make a recipe that would save busy families from the dreaded drive-thru on those crazy weeknights when school and extracurricular activities had me running ragged.
30 Minute Buffalo Chicken Pizza with Ranch
Well, our life has changed a lot since then, as far as running kids everywhere. But that doesn’t mean us “empty-nesters” can’t enjoy a good meal, too, right?
Our “busy” just looks a little different these days. This pizza makes enough for us to enjoy for dinner and it makes great leftovers for lunch, too!
Is Buffalo Chicken Pizza Good?
If you want the entire herd to come running, then just let them know buffalo chicken pizza is for dinner. Ask any restaurant that serves it and they will tell you it is one of, if not the, most popular items on the menu. Pizza with seasoned buffalo chicken hits every possible taste bud. It is sweet, but tangy, spicy, yet savory. There is so much to like, and you may wonder if any other pizza topping comes close.
Ingredients in Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips
- Hot wing sauce
- Ranch dressing
- Mozzarella cheese – the pre-shredded comes in handy
- Green onions – nice for color but you could also get away with regular chopped onions to
- Pizza crust – pre-baked comes in handy
What Sauce Is On Buffalo Chicken Pizza?
It is just a chicken pizza without that wonderful buffalo sauce as your pizza sauce. In this case, mixed with ranch dressing. If you prefer blue cheese with your hot wings, use that!
Most people are familiar with the classic Frank’s Buffalo Sauce, but there are other options out there too. Trader Joe’s has a great buffalo sauce seasoned with truffle oil, which is delicious, but it’s not always easy to find. Of course, you can make your own homemade buffalo sauce, too!
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Pizza
First, get your oven ready by pre-heating it to 425 degrees.
Combine ranch dressing and 1 Tablespoon hot wing sauce. Set aside.
Poke holes in pizza crust before pre-baking. I baked mine for about 10 minutes, it just barely began to brown. The holes help get a nice crunch to the crust.
Toss partially thawed chicken pieces in 1/4 cup hot wing sauce. Set aside.
Spread sauce over crust, top with chicken, add green onions, cover with cheese.
Bake for 15 minutes or so. Keep an eye on it, ovens vary. When the cheese gets a little melted and gets some color to it then everything else is ready too.
It comes together so quickly! Use a ready-made pizza crust, pre-bake it while you toss your Grilled Chicken Breast Strips in some hot wing sauce, mix up a pizza sauce of ranch and hot wing sauce, add sauce and chicken to the crust, top with mozzarella cheese and green onions, and bake. You will have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes!
Serve it up with a nice salad and you are good to go!
Love it? Pin it!
Don’t forget where you found this simple and super tasty Buffalo Chicken Pizza recipe! Pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board before you go!
Sauces For Buffalo Chicken Wing Pizza
Serve a buffalo chicken wing pizza with sauces the same as you would if it were just buffalo chicken wings. The traditional and most common sauces to dip hot wings in are blue cheese and ranch dressing. It might seem a bit weird to dip a pizza slice into a bit of salad dressing at first, but try it… You’ll like it!
Keeping with the buffalo “wing” theme, we also like to enjoy some crisp cold celery sticks on the side!
Tips and Suggestions for the BEST Buffalo Chicken Pizza
- Change the Dressing: Make it your own – use ranch dressing if you are a ranch fan, blue cheese if you prefer to enjoy it with hot wings.
- Change the Pizza Crust: Make your own homemade pizza crust, or make things easy with a Jiffy mix, refrigerated crust, or even a Boboli-type crust.
- Thick or thin? We like our pizzas both ways, again, make it your own!
- Chicken: Using Tyson grilled and ready chicken makes things easy – but you can always grill your own, or even use leftover chicken for this recipe!
- Cheese: I use all Mozzarella cheese, you can add other cheeses to this recipe if you like. Cheddar, pepper jack, maybe even a little Swiss. It’s always a good idea to grate your own cheese.
Why it’s best to grate your own cheese: Learn More
More Buffalo Sauce Inspired Recipes
- The Best Buffalo Pulled Pork (pictured above)
- Amazing Buffalo Chicken Chili
- Buffalo Cauliflower Dip
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Buffalo Meatball Sub
Let’s make some Buffalo Chicken Pizza!!
Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Skip the wings - make this to die for Buffalo Chicken Pizza with only 6 ingredients and have dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 pound (about 3 cups) Tyson® Grilled and Ready® Chicken Breast Strips, cut into smaller pieces.
- 1/4 cup + 1 Tablespoon hot wing sauce
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 - 12" pizza crust pre-baked (I use the "just add water" mix - use your favorite!)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Poke holes in pizza crust before pre-baking. I baked mine for about 10 minutes, it just barely began to brown.
- Combine ranch dressing and 1 Tablespoon hot wing sauce. Set aside.
- Toss partially thawed chicken pieces in 1/4 cup hot wing sauce. Set aside.
- Spread sauce over crust, top with chicken, add green onions, cover with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or so. Keep an eye on it, ovens vary.
Prefer your wings with Bleu Cheese dressing instead of ranch? Sub your favorite Bleu Cheese dressing in place of the ranch!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 676Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 64mgSodium: 1207mgCarbohydrates: 67gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 29g
Nutrition isn't always accurate. Calculations based on 12" pizza cut into 8 pieces, a serving is 2 pieces.
This recipe was originally posted on August 19, 2015. It has been updated to improve user experience and reshared on February 21, 2022.
Leave a Reply