Raise your hand if you LOVE buffalo chicken wings!!
adapted from A Forkful of Comfort
- One Medium Onion, diced
- 4 Stalks of Celery, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 5 chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tablespoon of Chili Powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 cup of hot wing sauce ( I use Frank’s )
- 2 – 14.5 ounce cans of diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 – 15 ounce can of black beans
- 1 – 15 ounce can of dark red kidney beans
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of chicken broth (we like more broth!)
- mozzarella cheese, ranch or blue cheese dressing
In a stockpot over medium heat saute your chicken until it’s no longer pink.
I have to tell you that I never decide what’s for dinner in advance!! I took my chicken out of the freezer and threw it in the pot frozen, basically defrosted/cooked it at the same time! The original recipe said to cook it in 3 Tablespoons of butter, I omitted that step.
If your chicken isn’t frozen like mine was, you will need it.
Add the onion, celery and garlic, season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer until tender.
(at this point I put it in the crock pot)
Sprinkle with Chili Powder, Cumin and Flour, stirring to coat. Add hot wing sauce, tomatoes, chicken broth and beans. Stir to combine. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes more, stirring occasionally.
I left mine on low for about 5 hours in the crock pot.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 312 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 28mg Sodium: 673mg Carbohydrates: 38g Fiber: 11g Sugar: 8g Protein: 15g