I have to say there is nothing like a bowlful of chili to warm you from the inside out on a cold day. We had this kind of day just yesterday. Well, honestly, we have had that kind of November!
I love a hot bowl of chili, but none of that package mix here. I always try to keep the beans on hand for when the urge strikes me, then I typically just throw it all together in the crock pot on a busy day. Picture me, dumping beans, and meat and tomatoes and this and that spice…that’s how it goes. Finally I decided I would go about the task of measuring it all out so I could share my chili “recipe” with you. That until yesterday, wasn’t really a “recipe” it was just a pot of stuff I threw together that made chili!
Something about soup that has a little bit of spice to it, that I just love. a couple of my other favorites are my (Copy Cat) Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana, my Buffalo Chicken Chili and my Sauerkraut, Bratwurst and Potato Soups!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef, browned
- 28 ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 15 ounce can of each: Black beans, Dark Red kidney beans and Chili beans
- 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 cup onion, chopped (substitute 1/4 cup dry chopped onion)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- To amp up the spice, add some cayanne pepper!!
I love my chili topped with a little cheese and tortilla chips! How do you like YOUR chili??