I love easy weeknight meals. don’t you? Especially one that my kids gobble up, like this Chili Mac!
My mom always made this when we were kids. I made it for years, until Campbell’s discontinued the soup we always used in it, called Chili Beef Soup. I figured there was no way it could possible taste the same without it… so why bother?
Then Mom told me she had been making it using canned chili. I make chili all of the time, but I can honestly tell you I have never, in my life, purchased a can of chili. What the heck, I figured I would give it a go!
I doctored it a bit to our taste, and when the kids rushed in for dinner, they said “This stuff? I REMEMBER THIS! – You haven’t made this in a long time!”
Big Mama Grins.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped small
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 (10.75 oz) can tomato soup + 1/2 can water
- 1 (15 oz) can of chili with beans
- 1 (15 oz) can Pinto beans, drained
- 1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked al dente
- 6-8 slices American cheese