Chili and Cheese Bean Dip is a warm refried bean dip, baked up with chili and cheese. Make with leftover chili or canned. Serve with corn or tortilla chips.
Chili Cheese Bean Dip — were there any other glorious words ever spoken? Out of all the dips — I think bean dip is one of my most favorites. I can’t even leave it alone when it gets set in front of me. Whether you are dipping tortilla chips or Fritos corn chips, I am a happy camper.
SOME OF THE ITEMS BELOW CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS; I AM A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES. I AM ALSO AN AFFILIATE FOR OTHER BRANDS. HOWEVER, I ONLY PROMOTE THINGS THAT I LOVE AND THINK YOU WILL LOVE, TOO. FOR MY ENTIRE DISCLOSURE POLICY PLEASE CLICK HERE.
I had been wanting to whip up something new to share with you for the Super Bowl, and the other day I got my chance. You see, it’s been SUPER gloomy and cold here, and I just can’t get in the mood to take pictures when it’s like that. The other day, I was working away in my office, and I glanced out the window to see blue skies and sunshine. Albeit, 11 degrees, but sunshine!! I thought “what am I doing in here? Time to cook up some new stuff!!”
I made three new recipes that day, but hadn’t really planned to make any — so it was all about creating something with what I had on hand. One thing I always have in my pantry? Canned refried beans. You all know, there is no shortage of cheese around here either. Digging into the fridge, I saw the leftover chili from a couple of nights before, and I knew I could make something delicious.
One of my most popular recipes every single day is this one for Making a Can of Refried Beans Taste like a Restaurant’s. So many have tried it, and it always gets rave reviews. You can pop over and watch the how to video and see what I do to achieve that. We love refried beans, and eat them a lot.
Of course, some will scoff, and say that canned refried beans don’t hold a candle to homemade. So, guess what? I have you covered there, too. This recipe for Easy Homemade Refried Beans is equally delicious, they just take a little extra work.
Ingredients in Chili Cheese Bean Dip:
- canned refried beans
- cream cheese
- shredded cheddar
- hot sauce
- chili (canned or your own homemade)
I used my mixer to cream together the refried beans and cream cheese with half of the cheese and the hot sauce. I spread it into a pie plate. I love this scalloped edge pie plate!
I had made chili that week, and had leftovers, so I used my own chili. But I measured it so that if you don’t have your own, you can substitute a can of chili from the store. Of course, mine if full of beans and meat. I used both hamburger and steak in this batch, but you can use meatless for a vegetarian bean dip. I have lots of different chili recipes on my blog. Typically when I make chili, it sort of just happens. I start throwing stuff in the pot and tasting it until I like it. I did, at one point, measure ingredients and made a 3 Bean Chili that I put on my blog.
Bake it for a bit and then add the remaining shredded cheddar cheese to the top and bake until it’s nice and melty.
Because if it’s not nice and melty, there’s no cheese pull — you gotta have cheese pull, am I right?
^ Love it?? Pin IT! ^
I have LOTS of Dip Recipes on my blog — It’s hard to choose just one, but you can see them all here!
Let’s make some Chili Cheese Bean Dip so we can get to dippin’ shall we?
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) package shredded triple cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-2 Tablespoons hot sauce, adjust to taste
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili with meat and beans, or about 1 3/4 cups of your own homemade
- Sliced green onions for serving.
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- With a mixer, beat your cream cheese until smooth. Scrape the bowl, add in refried beans and hot sauce and cream together. Fold in half of shredded cheese. Spread into the bottom of a deep dish pie plate.
- Top with chili.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes more, or until cheese is melty and bubbly.
- Top with sliced green onions and serve hot with corn or tortilla chips.
- Delicious topped with fresh jalapeño slices
- Prepare ahead of time and bake later. OR Prepare in a grill safe pan and take to tailgate.
- Prepare with fat free cream cheese and fat free refried beans for less guilt.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 296mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.