Replace your typical chicken or beef in fried rice with Polska Kielbasa for a delicious flavor packed skillet meal that is ready in about 15 minutes.
The only thing that makes a skillet meal any better is when it tastes as good as this Kielbasa Fried Rice. My family couldn’t quit raving about it! We LOVE fried rice, and my go to Fried Rice Recipe has never failed me. Typically though, I use chicken or steak in it. I had a great idea to make it with our favorite Hillshire Farm® Beef Polska Kielbasa Sausage. I love when my bright ideas work out like this did!
Kielbasa Sausage is one of those things I always have on hand. It has rescued me when I was in a dinner crunch more times than I can count. One of my favorite meals as a kid, and my kids love it, too! It’s super versatile. Many times I just make it and we have it with buttered noodles and a vegetable. It’s a quick and easy meal for busy weeknights.
^LOVE IT? PIN IT!!^
With minimal mess and hardly any fuss, and this meal is on the table in less than 30 minutes, and there is only one pan to clean up. It’s a win-win situation, don’t you agree? Plus, you can make this amazing recipe for your family, and pat yourself on the back when they tell you how much they love it!
Ingredients in Kielbasa Fried Rice:
- Kielbasa Sausage
- Onion, peas, carrots
- Sesame Oil
- Reduce Sodium Soy Sauce
- Sticky Rice
Frozen Veggies vs. Fresh:
I have made this recipe with fresh carrots from the produce section, but most of the time I buy a bag of frozen peas and carrots. It makes it even quicker when you use them.
What type of Kielbasa to buy?
Kielbasa sausage has lots of options, too. You can buy the all beef sausage, the turkey, a lite version or the traditional Polska Kielbasa like I used here. The nice part is that it’s smoked already, so it’s cooked. You are truly just warming it up. So I sliced it while it was cold, and tossed it into the skillet to make this fried rice. It’s packed with flavor so it really adds to the tastiness of this meal.
Best Rice Option:
This recipe always turns out best with sticky rice. That is best achieved when you use “day old rice.” Next time you cook up some rice, make extra and set it aside to try this Kielbasa rice. I have a super duper top secret way to make this the most simple way possible though. Are you ready for this? Buy some rice from your local Chinese restaurant. Or, like I did the last time I made this, from HyVee’s Chinese take out counter. My grocery store has a Chinese take out section of their deli department. Locals here affectionately call it “Hy-Chi” — while you’re there, grab a couple of crab rangoon and fortune cookies to have with it!
Add sesame oil to your skillet and sauté your sliced kielbasa, onion and garlic for about 5 minutes.
Add in frozen carrots and peas. Sauté for 5 minutes.
Push the kielbasa and veggies to the side. Add in a little more sesame oil, and drop your eggs in.
Scramble the eggs there in the pan. When they are cooked, toss them with the veggies and meat.
Add in sticky rice and soy sauce mix in and heat through.
Serve it right out of the skillet, for a one pan meal that is satisfying and quick.
Other Favorite Kielbasa Recipes:
- Instant Pot Beer Cheese Soup with Kraut & Kielbasa
- Bacon Wrapped Kielbasa Bites
- Sausage & Potato Pot Pies
- Smoked Polish Sausage and Sauerkraut
Recently I shared a recipe for Cauliflower Fried Rice. It is really delicious, and helps to lighten up the carbs, using cauliflower rice instead of regular rice. I think it would be great with the kielbasa added in!
Let’s make some Kielbasa Fried Rice!
- 4 cups cooked rice (this recipe works best with day old sticky rice)
- 12 ounce package Hillshire Farms Polska Kielbasa, sliced
- 4 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Reduced Sodium Soy Sauce
- Tops of 3 green onions, sliced
- In a large skillet heat Sesame oil, add garlic, sliced sausage, onion and carrots. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add in peas. Stir, continue to cook until sausage is browned and the veggies are the desired tenderness. About 5 minutes.
- Push the mixture to one side of your skillet and in the other, add a little sesame oil, scramble your eggs. Mix it all together.
- Add rice and soy sauce and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- Top with green onions and serve hot from the skillet.
Make this recipe even quicker and easier with these ideas:
- buy rice from a Chinese take out - that sticky rice works great!
- use frozen peas and carrots - if you use the frozen peas and carrots mixture, add them when it says to add peas in the original recipe.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 475Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 1045mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 15g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.