This low carb Asian Cauliflower Fried Rice is made in minutes, with only a few ingredients. Great side dish, or add chicken and make a meal out of it.
This Cauliflower Fried Rice has quickly become a family favorite. In fact, I have made it twice in the last week! Last week when I made it, I did a story on Instagram while I was cooking and the video went crazy!! I got so many messages from people wanting the recipe — I promised that I would get it out this week.
SOME OF THE ITEMS BELOW CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS; I AM A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES. I AM ALSO AN AFFILIATE FOR OTHER BRANDS. HOWEVER, I ONLY PROMOTE THINGS THAT I LOVE AND THINK YOU WILL LOVE, TOO. FOR MY ENTIRE DISCLOSURE POLICY PLEASE CLICK HERE.
^ Love it? Pin it! ^
The first time I made this recipe we had it with grilled chicken. My youngest son said ” I love when you make your fried rice!” I told him that I changed it up a bit and this was actually cauliflower fried rice. He said — ” I can’t even see the cauliflower — it’s really good!”
Then I told him, there wasn’t any rice at all. That the “rice” was cauliflower. Him with mouth full of rice: “Wait. What? There’s no rice?” Then continued to eat. My kids love veggies so it’s a winning situation no matter how you look at it.
Even more winning if you are watching your carbs. Which is hard for me, because I really get cranky without them. But this rice didn’t make me feel like I was missing out. It makes enough for 4 side dishes, or you could have a nice meal for two with some grilled chicken, beef or shrimp as added protein.
Ingredients in Cauliflower Fried Rice:
- Cauliflower Rice (or chop your own)
- Green Onions, tops and bottoms
- Frozen Peas & Carrots
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- Sesame Oil
At the end of the cooking, you will add the egg. You can use the whole egg or just the white. Or if you’re not into eggs, leave it out completely. Push the cauliflower mixture to the side and add a little sesame oil to the pan, add the egg and scramble it. When its cooked, incorporate it into the rice.
My Other Fried Rice Recipes:
Any of these fried rice recipes would be great with cauliflower rice as a sticky rice substitution. Lowers the carbs and the calories instantly. It makes a great quick meal. Or you could try some of these:
Cauliflower Rice Recipes:
- Cauliflower Risotto with Asparagus and Mushrooms
- Broccoli & Beef with Cauliflower Rice
- Greek Artichoke Cauliflower Rice Salad
- Garlic Herb Cauliflower Rice
Let’s make some Cauliflower Fried Rice!
- 1 (16 ounce) package cauliflower rice (cauliflower crumbles) about 4 cups
- 4 Tablespoons Sesame Oil
- 6 green onions, tops and bottoms sliced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 cup frozen peas and carrots blend
- 1 egg, or 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- In a skillet or wok over high heat, heat 3 Tablespoons of Sesame oil. Add in white parts of onions and garlic. Stir.
- Add in cauliflower crumbles an soy sauce and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add in frozen peas and carrots at the end of the cauliflower cooking time, and heat through.
- Push the veggies to one side of the pan and add remaining Tablespoon of oil to the pan. Add in egg and scramble. When it's cooked, incorporate it into the rest of the veggies.
- Serve hot topped with tops of green onions.
Serves 4 as a side dish or 2 as a main dish.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 47mg Sodium: 659mg Carbohydrates: 11g Fiber: 4g Sugar: 4g Protein: 7g