Delicious, creamy loaded mac ‘n cheese. Made with cream cheese and mild cheddar, and topped with green onions and bacon.
Mac ‘n cheese. Every kid loves it. It’s like one of their “food groups!” My kids are no different, but as they have grown up, their taste buds have matured and although the box kind is okay in a pinch, baked homemade mac ‘n cheese is more of a hit with them. Especially when you add in things like bacon!
This loaded mac ‘n cheese is one of our favorites! The best part about it? They love to help me make it. What’s not to like? I get to spend time with my kids in the kitchen, hearing about their days, and the end result? This creamy loaded mac ‘n cheese for dinner.
While we are on the subject of kids’ favorite things, what else do kids love? Chocolate milk of course! Today I get the privilege of sharing this Brand New chocolate milk with you. This TruMoo Calcium Plus Chocolate Milk is low fat, tastes fantastic, and has 50% more calcium than regular low-fat milk with that same great TruMoo taste! It’s something I can feel good about my kids drinking. I see smiles on their faces, and I know that inside, it’s keeping their bones strong.
Now let’s grab a glass and get down to making some loaded mac ‘n cheese!
After my roux was made, I had the kids add in the cubed cream cheese and cheddar cheese, give it a stir, then add in some elbow macaroni, a few spices, mix it up and pop it in the oven.
When it comes out, sprinkle with green onions and crisp bacon pieces.
The perfect meal that any kid of any age is sure to enjoy. Loaded Mac ‘n Cheese and a cold glass of TruMoo Calcium Plus Chocolate Milk. A match made in heaven, don’t you agree?
- 1 (8 ounce) package elbow macaroni, prepared according to package
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 1 (8 ounce) package of mild cheddar cheese, cubed
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon chives
- Tops of 2-3 green onions, sliced
- 6 slices bacon, cooked until crispy and broken into pieces
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray a 3 quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cook macaroni according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Whisk in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk and bring to a boil, cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat. Whisk in sour cream and two cheeses, whisking until smooth. Add chives, salt and pepper. Add macaroni, stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove and top with bacon and green onion.
Mouthwatering yet? Delicious, creamy loaded mac ‘n cheese.
A toast, to a new, delicious and more nutritious chocolate milk!
Look for new TruMoo Calcium Plus, and enjoy a glass for yourself! What’s your favorite pairing with chocolate milk?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.