Moist Baked Pumpkin Donuts are full of warm spices and dunked in a spiced glaze, perfect for pairing with a hot cup of coffee, or a cold glass of milk. These delicious baked donuts are what every cool fall morning needs.
Friends, pumpkin season is upon us, and I have a treat for you! My fluffy baked pumpkin donuts are just what you need to kick it off with an easy fall breakfast! Don’t make a run for the local donut shop, bake these homemade donuts and benefit from the aroma it will give your home, too!
Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Spiced Glaze
Homemade pumpkin donuts win the hearts of everyone who tastes them. They are full of delicious pumpkin flavor, topped with a spiced vanilla glaze, and will satisfy that donut craving every time.
The first time I made this pumpkin donut recipe was back in 2015. I had the donuts baking and wholeheartedly planned to roll them in a cinnamon sugar topping.
Then I got a brilliant idea! I thought, let’s create a glaze for them. I thought about a pumpkin glaze for the donuts, but then I decided instead of that, I would take those warm fall spices and do a spiced donut glaze instead. Holy Moly! I was glad that I did!
More Donut Recipes to love: Double Chocolate Baked Donuts, Powdered Sugar Donuts and Baked Banana Donuts.
WHY WE LOVE THIS PUMPKIN CAKE DONUTS RECIPE
Did you know that you can bake donuts instead of frying them? They actually have fewer calories and are healthier when you bake them! Plus, if you cannot find a donut pan for this recipe, you can easily use a muffin pan with aluminum foil in the middle.
Flavored with the classic spices we associate with fall, these tasty seasonal treats are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or even a light snack! They are truly soft, sweet, and full of pumpkin spice. Yum!
The over-the-top deliciousness of these donuts comes from the spiced glaze on top. The glaze on these donuts comes from a combination of powdered sugar and milk, with plenty of tasty fall spices, such as nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger.
PUMPKIN GLAZED DONUT INGREDIENTS
Scroll down to the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post to find the complete measurements and directions for making this easy recipe.
FOR THE DONUTS:
- Vegetable oil
- Pumpkin puree – do NOT use pumpkin pie filling
- Baking powder
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger, and Cloves – Or use Pumpkin Pie Spice in place of these spices
- All-purpose flour
FOR THE SPICED DONUT GLAZE:
- Powdered sugar – also known as confectioner’s sugar
- Milk – any will work
- Vanilla extract – reach for the pure vanilla extract. It makes a huge difference.
- Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger, and Cloves – or again, use can use pumpkin pie spice in their place
HOW TO MAKE GLAZED BAKED PUMPKIN DONUTS
These pumpkin spice donuts are wonderfully simple to prepare so you can enjoy your fall breakfast in just a few steps!
FIRST: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray your donut pan with nonstick cooking spray.
SECOND: Mix pumpkin, oil, eggs, and sugar together in your mixer. Add in spices and baking powder and salt and mix. Slowly add in flour, and mix until incorporated.
THIRD: Spoon about 3-4 Tablespoons of donut batter into each donut section. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
FOURTH: Remove from the pan and set on a cooling rack for a couple of minutes.
FIFTH: Whisk Glaze ingredients together, and heat in the microwave until warm right before you dunk the donuts. Dunk the top, return to rack and let glaze set.
Alternatively, you could add the glaze to a piping bag or plastic bag and drizzle the glaze over the top. Or dunk them in a cinnamon sugar mixture instead of using glaze.
HOW TO STORE PUMPKIN GLAZED DONUTS
Because these donuts are very moist, I recommend eating them right when you make them. If you store them in an airtight container, they will become soggy quickly.
If you want to freeze them, I would cool them after baking and freeze them without the glaze.
Love it? Pin it!
If you love this easy Pumpkin Donut recipe make sure that you pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board before you go!
PUMPKIN SPICE FLAVOR
Add that pumpkin spice flavor to all sorts of recipes with homemade pumpkin pie spice! It’s tastier and more economical than buying it at the store, and I promise you will want to sprinkle it on all sorts of things.
We love it in pancakes, waffles, and even sprinkled over apples or pears as a sweet treat.
MORE PUMPKIN RECIPES TO LOVE
- Pumpkin Spice Banana Muffins (pictured above)
- Pumpkin White Russian Cocktail
- Apple Pumpkin Strudel
- The BEST Pumpkin Bread
- Savory Pumpkin Cheese Dip with Bacon
- Pumpkin Zucchini Streusel Bread
- Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Brownies
- Cinderella Cake (Pumpkin Bundt Cake)
- Pumpkin Spice Latte
Embrace the fall season, and let me know how you enjoyed these yummy pumpkin doughnuts!
Glazed Baked Pumpkin Donuts
Moist Baked Pumpkin Donuts, dunked in a spiced glaze, are full of warm spices and dunked in a spiced glaze, perfect for pairing with a hot cup of coffee, or a cold glass of milk. These delicious baked donuts are what every cool fall morning needs.
- FOR THE DONUTS:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups pumpkin puree (do NOT use pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups + 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- FOR THE SPICED DONUT GLAZE:
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 Tablespoons milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and spray your donut pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix pumpkin, oil, eggs, and sugar together in your mixer. Add in spices and baking powder and salt mix. Slowly add in flour, and mix until incorporated.
- Spoon about 3-4 Tablespoons of donut batter into each donut section. Bake for 13-15 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
- Let cool on a wire rack for a couple of minutes, then dunk in glaze while still slightly warm.
- Whisk Glaze ingredients together, and heat in the microwave until warm right before you dunk the donuts. Dunk the top, return to rack and let glaze set.
These are best when eaten right away. Don't cover/seal them in an airtight container, the glaze will get gooey and the donuts will get really wet. I left them on the baking rack, and when the glaze was set I covered them lightly with a tea towel.
You can replace the spices with a pumpkin pie spice if you like. Here is the link to my Homemade Pumpkin Pie Spice.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 194Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 2g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.
This recipe was originally posted on October 11, 2015. it has been updated to improve user experience and re-shared on September 20, 2022.
Many have asked where to purchase my donut pan — grab one HERE!
Leave a Reply