Does it get any more awesome? Homemade pumpkin bread uses the same combination of spices as pumpkin pie. So, you end up with a moist pumpkin bread that is just like that pumpkin loaf you may have tried at Starbucks.
The Best Pumpkin Bread Recipe
For pumpkin bread, which is also sometimes called “pumpkin loaf“, you follow a recipe that might remind you of making banana bread. There are plenty of similarities. First, and most importantly, the baking soda helps the bread to rise. So don’t worry. You don’t have to deal with any yeast or waiting for the rise to happen a couple of times.
However, you do need to watch out for over-stirring the wet and dry ingredients once they are mixed together. Over mixing will create gluten strands that will give the bread a less pleasant texture. Ideally, you want light and fluffy, but also a little bit of dense and moist, all in balance.
What Ingredients Do I Need For Easy Pumpkin Bread?
- pumpkin puree (unsweetened canned pumpkin)
- vegetable oil
- brown sugar
- baking soda
- cinnamon, nutmeg, ground cloves, ground ginger, pumpkin pie spice
For the Glaze:
- powdered sugar
- cinnamon, nutmeg. ginger, cloves
(find the complete printable recipe at the bottom of this post)
How To Make Pumpkin Bread
Get ready to mix your ingredients like you would other quick bread recipes. Mix the wet first.
Love it? Pin it
What Else Can I Add To This Recipe?
Of course, just like banana bread, you can feel free to add chocolate chips or butterscotch chips, nuts, or raisins… dried cranberries… You name it! Indeed, there are all sorts of ways to tweak this recipe if you like experimenting.
If you are like me, and can’t get enough of that pumpkin spice flavor – you are going to need to take a look at some of my other pumpkin favorites!
More Pumpkin Spice Inspired Recipes For Fall
- Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Pumpkin Zucchini Streusel Bread
- The Best Pumpkin Pie Turnovers (pictured above)
- An Easy Pumpkin Cheese Dip
- Simple Pumpkin Pie Swirls
- Cinderella Cake
- Glazed Baked Pumpkin Donuts
- Pumpkin Spiced Coffee Cake with Brown Butter Glaze
Let’s bake some pumpkin bread! Will you share that second loaf? Or keep it for yourself?
- For the Bread:
- 1- 15oz can of pumpkin puree
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- For the glaze:
- 1 cup + 3 Tbls powdered sugar
- 2 Tbls milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp cloves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour 2-9×5 loaf pans.
- In a large bowl with a whisk, combine pumpkin, eggs, oil, butter, water, sugars, and spices.
- In another bowl combine flour and soda, and add to wet mixture, stir until blended.
- Pour into loaf pans.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool bread and mix up the glaze.
- Drizzle glaze on the warm bread, slice and enjoy!!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 306mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 1gSugar: 40gProtein: 4g
Please note that nutrition is not guaranteed accurate.
This recipe was originally posted on October 31, 2012. It was updated to improve user experience and reshared on September 22, 2021.