All of the flavors of pizza in an easy weeknight pasta casserole! This family favorite Pizza Pasta recipe will be sure to bring smiles to the faces around your table! Filled with pepperoni, cheese, veggies, and noodles, what’s not to love?
Bursting with savory flavors, easy Pizza Pasta is stuffed with bold peppers, spicy pepperonis, melty cheese, and tasty Italian seasoning.
This is one of those recipes that it’s hard for a kid to say “ew” to. Most kids like noodles, and don’t they all love pizza? Combine the two and make Pizza Pasta and they are sure to love dinner.
This delicious recipe comes together in a short amount of time, you could even make it ahead and bake it when you get home. Serve it up with a little salad and a loaf of garlic bread, and watch the whole family smile!
It bakes in under 30 minutes, and dinner is D-O-N-E, DONE!
DO PIZZA AND PASTA GO TOGETHER?
Yes! Pizza and pasta pair together beautifully to create a hearty, flavorsome meal.
Pizza pasta is simply cooked pasta that has been mixed with pizza sauce and toppings. This means that you can have fun experimenting with your ingredients! Love black olives on your pizza? Put them in! The options are only as limited as your favorite pizza toppings. This particular day, I made it with what I had on hand: some red and green bell pepper and onion, some hamburger beef, and pepperoni.
Not only can you change the toppings but you can also try different pasta shapes. Instead of using egg noodles, try rotini, penne, or bow tie. Whole wheat pasta is also an option. Don’t forget to spice it up with some red pepper flakes if you enjoy a kick of heat. There is no wrong way to make this great recipe!
INGREDIENTS FOR BAKED PIZZA PASTA
This recipe uses a handful of simple ingredients that you may already have in the refrigerator or pantry! For the full measurements, scroll down to the recipe card.
- Egg Noodles – I like using wide egg noodles for this pizza casserole – but use whatever you like. Rotini pasta and penne pasta are also good choices!
- Lean Ground Beef – substitute ground chicken or ground turkey if you like. Sweet Italian sausage would be wonderful in this recipe!
- Onion – use what you have on hand. I typically reach for a sweet onion, but red onion is nice, too.
- Green Onions
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic – mince cloves of garlic on your own, or use fresh jarred minced garlic for a shortcut.
- Green and Red Bell Peppers – red and green peppers are my choice, but use what you like!
- Pepperoni – Mini pepperonis or regular pepperoni slices cut in half. Turkey pepperoni works great, too!
- Pizza Sauce – or feel free to use your favorite jarred pasta sauce. Or make your own Marinara sauce!
- Shredded Pizza Cheese Blend – or a combination of Mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese.
HOW TO MAKE EASY PIZZA PASTA CASSEROLE RECIPE
My recipe for pizza pasta bake is so incredibly easy to prepare! To see even more detailed steps, please scroll down to the recipe card.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and spray a two-quart casserole with non-stick cooking spray or brush lightly with olive oil.
Cook pasta until al dente. Drain pasta and set it aside.
In a skillet, over medium high heat brown ground beef with onion, garlic and bell pepper. Salt and pepper to your liking.
Drain any excess grease.
Add pepperoni to the meat mixture and heat through.
Add pizza sauce and milk. Stir to combine.
Fold in pasta and half of the shredded cheese.
Pour into the prepared casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese.
Bake covered for 20 minutes, uncover, and bake 5-10 minutes more or until the cheese is melty and begins to brown. Serve hot.
Feel free to garnish your pasta with some fresh herbs like Italian parsley or fresh basil!
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. This recipe also freezes well.
Love it? Pin it!
Don’t forget where you found this deliciously savory pasta dish! Pin it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest before you go!
MORE WAYS TO ENJOY PIZZA
Pizza is a meal most families can get behind. Here are some more ways to enjoy pizza flavors:
- Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese (pictured above)
- Detroit Style Pizza
- Pizza Dip
- Reuben Pizza
- Spinach Artichoke Alfredo Pizza
More Casseroles to Love:
- Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole
- 4 Ingredient Hamburger Casserole
- Chicken & Doritos Casserole
- Skillet Tamale Pie
- Garlic Bread Casserole
This is one delicious dinner that is so easy peasy to make! Let’s get to the recipe, and get cooking!
- 1 (12 ounce) package of egg noodles, cooked al dente
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- Tops of 4 green onions
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup bell pepper, chopped, I usually use both red and green
- 1 cup pepperoni, sliced in half, I like to use Turkey pepperoni
- 1 (15 ounce) can of pizza sauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups shredded Pizza Blend Cheese
- Optional Garnish: fresh basil and/or fresh Italian parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and spray a two-quart casserole with non-stick cooking spray or brush lightly with olive oil.
- Prepare pasta and set it aside.
- In a skillet, brown ground beef with onion, garlic and bell pepper. Salt and pepper to your liking.
- Drain any excess grease.
- Add pepperoni to the meat mixture and heat through.
- Add pizza sauce and milk. Stir to combine.
- Fold in pasta and half of the shredded cheese.
- Pour into the prepared casserole dish and top with the remaining cheese.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes, uncover, and bake 5- 10 minutes more or until the cheese is melty and begins to brown.
- Serve hot.
Leftovers freeze well. Reheat in the oven or microwave.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 759mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 29g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.
This recipe was originally posted on October 24, 2014. It has been updated to improve user experience and re-shared on September 15, 2022.