Reuben Pizza is a Reuben Sandwich turned PIZZA! Corned beef, Sauerkraut, Thousand Island, and Swiss and Mozzarella Cheese baked atop a pizza crust until ooey and gooey. Pizza Night will never be the same!
This recipe was originally posted in honor of National Pizza Month – but today – it’s new and improved and I am sharing it in honor of Reuben Madness Month!
Thanks to Frank’s Kraut, I am kicking off National Pizza Month with this awesome Reuben Pizza made with Frank’s Kraut, my new favorite pizza with the BEST kraut of ALL time!
This recipe for Reuben pizza starts out like any other, with a homemade or pre-made 12-inch pizza crust, pre-baked. For the sauce, what else, but Thousand Island dressing!?
Then it all goes somewhere crazy good … that’s when you chop up your corned beef.
I had my deli cut me a couple of big pieces about 1/2 inch thick. Then I cubed it up. My family LOVES corned beef. I not only had the kids standing around me swiping pieces as I put them in the bowl, but I also had two puppies at my feet begging for their share. Good thing I bought extra.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Frank’s Kraut®. The opinions are all my own.
My favorite way to buy Frank’s Kraut is in their poly bags. Two pounds of sauerkraut, take out what you need, then pop the rest of it in an airtight container (I use a mason jar) and store it in the fridge.
If you are looking for more Reuben-inspired recipes based on the iconic sandwich, I have got loads of them! Crockpot Reuben Dip, Reuben Style Tortilla Roll Ups, Reuben Burger, and this Reuben Mac ‘n Cheese are just a few.
Reuben Pizza Ingredients
You will find the complete measurements and cooking instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Pizza crust – Pre-baked 12” pizza crust -refrigerated store-bought pizza dough all work. Or try my homemade pizza dough!
- Corned Beef – cut about 1/2″ thick and cubed
- Thousand Island Dressing – store-bought or try my homemade version.
- Swiss cheese – shredded
- Mozzarella cheese – shredded. You can buy it pre-shredded, but you will be so pleased if you take an extra couple of minutes to shred your own cheese.
- Frank’s Kraut – when you are making an Epic pizza like this, why would you settle for less?
How to make Reuben pizza
Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
Pre-bake the crust according to instructions.
Spread the dressing almost to the edges of the dough, then add diced corned beef, then the sauerkraut, and finally the cheese.
Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and a deep golden brown.
Serve the corned beef pizza piping hot!
Love it? Pin it!
If you love this recipe for Reuben Pizza, pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board before you go so that you can find it when you want to make it!
How to Reubenize Anything
Over the years, Frank’s Kraut and I have made bunches of Reubenized recipes like this pizza here. Between the two of us, we have Reubenized all sorts of things!
- What is a Reuben made of? A Reuben sandwich is made with corned beef, swiss cheese, sauerkraut, and Thousand Island dressing and served on rye bread. Some people like to add dill pickles to their sandwiches or substitute Russian dressing in place of Thousand Island.
- What kind of meat is Reuben made from? A Reuben is usually made with corned beef.
- How many calories are in a slice of Reuben pizza? The nutrition information will really vary depending on how much or how little of each ingredient you use. You can find a nutritional estimate in my recipe card here.
- Is a Reuben the same as a corned beef sandwich? A corned beef sandwich is also usually served on rye bread but it often has mustard or ketchup and not Russian or Thousand Island salad dressing. It likely doesn’t have sauerkraut either.
THE BENEFITS OF SAUERKRAUT
There are many health benefits to eating sauerkraut both from the cabbage and the fermentation process. Sauerkraut can aid in digestion due to the presence of probiotics and high fiber. It is also high in vitamins such as Vitamin C & K, folate, iron, magnesium, and potassium.
It has been shown to aid in losing weight as it is low in calories, sugar, and fat, plus high in fiber which helps you to feel full longer. Adding a portion of sauerkraut daily can strengthen your immune system, improve your digestion, possibly reduce your risk of certain diseases, and even help you lose weight!
Substitutions and Variations
- I use the pizza crust you just add water to make the dough. The same would go for a refrigerated crust. Poke holes all over the crust before baking to prevent air bubbles. If you are purchasing a store-made, already-prepared crust you may not need to pre-bake it.
- If you don’t have corned beef pastrami would also work.
- Change up the cheeses and use a combination of different cheeses.
- Make this a breakfast pizza and crack a few eggs on top before baking it.
Tips & Tricks
- Use an electric knife to cut the corned beef for this Reuben pizza recipe
- Let refrigerated pizza dough come to room temperature before spreading it out into a crust. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface or large cutting board to spread it into a large circle.
- A pizza peel or preheated pizza stone will also help the dough cook up nice and crisp.
- Add in a teaspoon of caraway seeds if you are making your own pizza crust with all-purpose flour for a more authentic Reuben flavor.
- Spray the bottom of a large cookie sheet with some non-stick spray so the dough doesn’t stick and it gets a little crispy.
- Using a pre-baked pizza crust does help keep things mess-free, and it’s quick and easy!
- Store leftovers in an airtight container or wrapped in plastic wrap.
Take some time to visit Frank’s Kraut, find out where to buy the best sauerkraut on the planet, and read about the wonderful benefits of adding it to your diet.
Pizza is my jam. Friends, I have so many unique pizza recipes here for you to enjoy. Traditonal, like Supreme Pizza, deep dish like Detroit Pizza and a little off the wall like Spinach Artichoke Pizza and Buffalo Chicken Pizza. Use my recipe for Homemade Pizza Dough recipe for any of these recipes or pick up one at the grocery.
Check out all of my Pizza Inspired Recipes!
Pizza night never looked so good, am I right? Let’s make Reuben Pizza!
- 1 (12") pizza crust, pre-baked
- 1 pound Corned Beef, cut about 1/2" thick and cubed
- 1 cup Frank's Kraut
- 1/2 cup Thousand Island Dressing
- 8 ounces Swiss cheese, shredded
- 4 ounces Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Pre-Bake crust according to instructions, or until it just begins to brown.
- Top with dressing, then corned beef, then sauerkraut, then cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Serve piping hot!
I use the pizza crust you just add water to make the dough. The same would go for a refrigerated crust.
Poke holes all over the crust before baking to prevent air bubbles. If you are purchasing a store-made, already-prepared crust you may not need to pre-bake it.
Make your own Homemade Pizza Dough to make it EXTRA special!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 1170mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 25g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.
This recipe was originally shared on October 1, 2015. It has been updated to improve user experience and reshared on March 3, 2023.