Supreme Pizza has it all and hits the spot every time. Pepperoni, ground beef, green peppers, black olives, mushrooms, onions, and more all wrapped in cheesy goodness. It’s the loaded pizza that dreams are made of and this one comes with the perfect homemade crust, too!
Pizza night. Is there anything better? Sure, when you need a break, pizza delivery is where it’s at. But when you want to eat the best Supreme Pizza made completely from scratch, with your own perfect toppings? Make it at home!
WHY YOU WILL LOVE THIS SUPREME PIZZA
Pizza is always a good idea and it is such a versatile food. It is a favorite family dinner, perfect party food, and a leftover slice of pizza – is so good for breakfast or a snack. Supreme pizza packs plenty of flavors, protein, and a healthy measure of fresh vegetables.
I wouldn’t exactly call it health food, but when you make homemade pizza you can control the ingredients. Your family will never complain when you put this savory pizza pie on the dinner table.
What is on a supreme pizza?
A traditional supreme pizza would have all of the toppings in this recipe. To be deemed a supreme pizza, the pie needs to have a hearty amount and variety of both meat and vegetables. Pepperoni slices, sausage, green peppers, onions, olives, and mushrooms are the most common supreme pizza toppings. It is debatable which pizza joint first called their pizza “Supreme”, but it was undoubtedly created in America.
What’s the difference between a supreme pizza and a deluxe pizza?
A supreme pizza will most likely have a variety of vegetables. A deluxe pizza is generally loaded with several different kinds of meat – also called a “Meat Lovers” pizza.
SUPREME PIZZA INGREDIENTS
To find the full measurements and instructions scroll down to the printable recipe card.
This pizza began with homemade pizza dough. It takes a bit more time, but the reward is the most epic pizza you may have ever tasted.
- Pizza sauce – Choose your favorite pizza sauce or make your own.
- Ground beef – I use lean ground beef for this recipe.
- Onion – You can use a white, yellow, or red onion in this recipe. If dicing onions literally makes you cry, you can find pre-chopped onions in the produce section or frozen section of your grocery store. This is one of my favorite time-savers!
- Mushrooms – I prefer fresh mushrooms, but you can use canned ones.
- Green bell pepper – This recipe calls for green peppers but you could use red, yellow, or orange peppers too.
- Pepperoni – You can buy pre-sliced or slice your own.
- Black olives
- Mozzarella cheese – I use shredded mozzarella, but you could also use fresh mozzarella slices. A sprinkle of salty parmesan could also be added for extra cheesiness.
- Pizza crust – You can purchase pizza dough or a premade crust from the grocery store. Or make your own!
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE SUPREME PIZZA
FIRST: Preheat the oven to the highest setting possible and preheat your pizza stone for about 30 minutes.
SECOND: Brown ground beef and onion and add salt and pepper to taste. Drain any excess grease.
THIRD: When the pizza dough is ready and rolled out, top it with pizza sauce, then ground beef.
Next add the mushrooms, peppers, olives and pepperoni.
Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
FOURTH: Add the pizza to the hot pizza stone using a pizza peel. Place in the preheated oven.
FIFTH: Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
*Reminder: if you are making my homemade dough recipe, you will need to the dough about 6-8 hours in advance of the first step of this recipe. If you are making it with a different crust, you may need to adjust the baking time.
Love it? Pin it!
If you love this recipe, pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board to find it easily!
What is the best way to layer a pizza? It really depends on the type of pizza you are making, but generally, tomato sauce goes on top of the dough, then the cheese and then your desired toppings. There are some exceptions to this order such as my Detroit Style Pizza. In this amazing pizza pie, tomato sauce is the last ingredient poured over the cheese and toppings.
What is a pizza peel? A pizza peel is essentially a very large spatula and the tool used to transfer your pizza to the pizza pan or stone or in and out of the oven without spilling any toppings or burning yourself. You will see this tool used in any pizzeria.
This recipe is for a traditional Supreme Pizza, but pizza is such a versatile dish. You can add any ingredients that you like and omit any you don’t care for. Here are some possible substitutions:
- Pepperoni and ground beef: Try sausage instead of ground beef. Prosciutto, Italian sausage, salami, or Canadian bacon would also be tasty.
- Pizza Sauce: Pesto or a white sauce such as alfredo is always a fun twist on traditional tomato sauce. You can also use marinara sauce on your pizza as it has the same basic ingredients as pizza sauce. Here’s my favorite marinara sauce recipe.
- Vegetables: Other veggie toppings that work well on pizza are banana peppers, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, and artichoke hearts.
- Homemade Pizza Crust: You can use a store-bought crust or store-bought dough. However, if you need a recipe for homemade pizza dough, I’ve got you covered with this homemade pizza dough recipe!
TIPS AND TRICKS
- If you do not have a pizza stone, you can use a pizza pan or baking sheet instead.
- Fresh or minced garlic, fresh or dried basil, or a sprinkle of Italian seasoning on the crust would add an extra pop of flavor to this pizza.
- If you have leftover pizza, store it in an airtight container or resealable bag. According to the USDA, it will last up to 4 days in the refrigerator. You can also freeze the leftover pizza. Wrap individual slices in plastic wrap and place them in a freezer bag. It will last up to 2 months.
What’s the Best way to Reheat Leftover Pizza?
Of course, the microwave works, but you won’t get that nice crisp crust you enjoy when a pizza is fresh from the oven. My mom has always used a skillet and it’s genius! Simply place a piece of pizza in a skillet on your stovetop and set to medium heat. Place a lid over the top for a minute or two to get the cheese melty, remove it, and let the crust crisp up. Be careful not to let it burn!
MORE OF MY FAVORITE PIZZA RECIPES
When the question is “pizza?” my answer is always a resounding YES! Here are some more ways to enjoy it:
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza (pictured above)
- Simple Chicken Pesto Pizza
- Spinach Artichoke Pizza
- Reuben Pizza
- Philly Cheese Steak Flatbread
- BBQ Pulled Pork Pizza
PIZZA RELATED RECIPES
For your next Pizza Night make this supremely delicious pie! It is cheesy, saucy, and filled with your favorite toppings. It is homemade pizza perfection.
- ⅓ cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup lean ground beef
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ⅓ cup mushrooms, sliced (fresh or canned)
- 1 green bell pepper, diced or sliced
- ¼ cup pepperoni, sliced
- ¼ cup black olives, sliced
- 1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 12” pizza crust, store-bought or your own homemade pizza dough
- Preheat the oven to the highest setting possible and preheat your pizza stone.
- Brown ground beef with onion and salt and pepper to taste. Drain any excess grease.
- When the pizza dough is ready and rolled out, top it with pizza sauce, then ground beef, mushrooms, pepper, olives, and pepperoni.
- Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- After the oven is preheated, add the pizza to the preheated stone using a pizza wheel.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is golden brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let it cool slightly before cutting.
You can make this recipe with a store-bought or pre-made crust if you like. But if you want it to be completely from scratch, use my Homemade Pizza Dough recipe for the crust. Just not that you will need to add on about 6 hours for the dough prep. If you are making it with a different crust, you may need to adjust the baking time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 334Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 558mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 17g
Please note that nutrition is not guaranteed accurate.