Every last bite of this Spinach & Artichoke Alfredo Pizza is perfection and will leave everyone wanting more! Made with homemade pizza dough then topped with Parmesan Romano cheese, Mozzarella cheese, fresh spinach and artichoke hearts, this tasty pizza aims to please.
Whether you are hosting a tailgating party, gathering with friends or just having pizza night at home, this will be your new go-to pizza recipe. Garnished with fresh spinach and Parmesan cheese flakes, this delicious recipe is visually appealing, too. No matter which crowd you serve this to, they are going to love it.
With only a few ingredients, you won’t believe how simple and easy this Spinach and Artichoke Pizza truly is!
WHAT IS ARTICHOKE PIZZA?
Traditionally, an artichoke pizza contains a golden pizza crust topped with creamy mozzarella and artichokes marinated with hints of garlic, lemon and herbs. This pizza is a wonderful blend of Alfredo white pizza with spinach and artichoke pizza. Spinach Artichoke Pizza tastes like the best of both worlds, in one rich cheesy pizza!
Spinach and artichokes together are one of my very favorite flavor combos. It works with so many different types of ingredients. To make Chicken Alfredo Spinach Pizza, just add shredded chicken. You can even add mushrooms if you prefer more vegetables.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can truly customize it to your liking. Depending on your dietary restrictions, you can simply choose whichever pizza crust you enjoy most. Want a crust that is higher in protein and fiber? Make your own cauliflower crust! If you prefer to use store-bought because it is easier and faster, that is absolutely fine, too!
One suggestion that I will firmly make, however, is that you grate your own cheese for this recipe. It just melts better and tastes better. See for yourself in this post about Why You Should Grate your own Cheese.
IS SPINACH PIZZA HEALTHY?
Spinach is one of the most requested pizza toppings. High in the vitamin folate, which promotes blood circulation in your brain. Did you know that consuming one daily serving of spinach can slow down cognitive decline in the elderly because it also contains vitamin K? It’s true!
Raw, frozen or fresh spinach can be used in pizza recipes. Fresh spinach is generally sautéd before adding to pizza, as raw can sometimes get slimy if not properly added to the dish. Frozen spinach is blanched before it’s packaged, meaning it’s cooked quickly before freezing. This gives it a super satisfying texture when topped on a pizza: lightly crunchy and almost fluffy. If you choose to use frozen spinach, make sure you thaw it and squeeze the moisture out of it before using it on your pizza.
INGREDIENTS FOR SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE PIZZA RECIPE
This recipe uses a handful of simple ingredients that you may already have in the refrigerator or pantry! For the full measurements, scroll down to the recipe card.
- Heavy Cream: Added to thicken the pizza sauce.
- Butter: Keeps the white sauce nice and creamy.
- Cream Cheese: Used to give the Alfredo a creamy, thick texture.
- Parmesan Romano Cheese and Mozzarella Cheese: It’s just not a pizza without cheese! I recommend using these types of cheeses to blend in and compliment the Alfredo sauce.
- Garlic Powder: Garlic is a MUST in recipes with Alfredo! It adds boldness to the flavors.
- Spinach: Adds a robust and refreshing flavor to the dish.
- Artichoke Hearts: The mildly nutty flavor of artichoke plus the chewy texture make it a perfect addition to this yummy pizza.
- Pizza Crust: Use your favorite store-bought pizza crust or make your own homemade pizza dough.
HOW TO MAKE VEGETARIAN ALFREDO PIZZA
My recipe for easy spinach alfredo pizza is so incredibly easy to prepare! To see even more detailed steps, please scroll down to the recipe card.
Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
Chop the artichokes into smaller pieces.
Pre-bake your pizza crust for just a few minutes. Take it out before it starts to brown.
In a saucepan on your stovetop over low heat, combine cream, butter, and cream cheese, stirring until smooth. Mix in Parmesan/Romano cheese and garlic powder, continuing to stir. Cook for about 15 minutes.
Place spinach in a skillet with about a tablespoon of water and sauté to wilt the spinach.
Remove the spinach and place it on a paper towel, pat all of the liquid out of the spinach.
Combine spinach and cream sauce.
Spread spinach alfredo mixture over your entire pizza crust.
Place artichoke pieces on top of the spinach mixture. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese over the top.
Place the pizza pan in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese turns golden brown.
Tip: Use an oven-safe skillet, or cast iron skillet if you like. Pizza stones are also nice!
Let stand for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
Don’t forget where you found this cheesy pizza! Pin it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest before you go!
OTHER PIZZA RECIPES TO ENJOY
The best homemade pizza comes in all sorts of flavors and varieties! These pizza recipes make the perfect dinner!
- Buffalo Chicken Pizza (pictured above)
- Pepperoni Pizza Grilled Cheese
- Simple Chicken Pesto Pizza
- Blueberry Streusel Dessert Pizza
- Pizza Dip
- Reuben Pizza
- Breakfast Hashbrown Pizza
- Pizza Pasta
- Copy Cat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza Recipe
- BBQ Chicken Pizza
In the mood for lots of cheese? Me, too!! Let’s get to the recipe for this spinach artichoke alfredo pizza!
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 Tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup Parmesan Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, rinsed, dried and chopped
- your favorite pizza crust.
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
- Pre-bake your pizza crust for just a few minutes. Take it out before it starts to brown.
- In a saucepan on your stovetop, combine cream, butter and cream cheese, stirring until smooth. Mix in Parmesan/Romano cheese and garlic powder, continuing to stir. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Place spinach in a skillet with about a tablespoon of water and sauté to wilt the spinach. Remove the spinach and place it on a paper towel, pat all of the liquid out of the spinach.
- Add the wilted spinach to the sauce.
- Spread spinach alfredo mixture over your crust, and top with artichokes and shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese turns golden brown.
- Let stand for a few minutes before cutting and serving.
This makes a big pizza full of toppings. Otherwise, you can make two smaller ones with fewer toppings. You may need to alter the baking time based on the thickness of your crust.
Reserve some fresh spinach to top the pizza before serving if you like. It looks pretty and gives it that fresh element.
original recipe from The Two Bite Club
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 522Total Fat: 36gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 771mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 15g
Please note that nutrition is not guaranteed accurate.