Pureed fresh or frozen blueberries, lime simple syrup and your favorite tequila and you are on your way to a pitcher of seriously delicious sipping!
Who doesn’t love a good margarita? Well, if you’re reading this — you most likely came here to get this awesome margarita recipe, so I am pretty certain you are in the margarita loving crowd? This Blueberry Margarita, is the best cocktail I have had in a while. Certainly the best one I have made recently. I planned to make these last summer. Every time I thought about making them, I ran out of time, I didn’t have one ingredient, something. These needed to happen. I told myself they would make a good patio drink. But if you are in the Midwest or pretty much anywhere but the Southwest at this point, your patio has probably been a bit chilly and wet lately. Spring needs to hurry up and SPRING. Cue my oldest daughter’s 21st birthday.
This is her the night of her birthday in front of her party bus that held her and 45 of her closest friends. 😉 She whooped it up with them the night of her birthday and that weekend, I made her birthday dinner. We have a tradition in our family that I make you whatever you want for your birthday dinner, main course, sides and dessert. She chose Copy Cat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana and French Silk Pie.
Before dinner though, we enjoyed these Blueberry Margaritas! They were a huge hit, and I was super glad I made a whole pitcher of them. Even my hubby, who typically only drinks regular margaritas, loved them.
WARNING: They go down really easy.
But don’t most margaritas??
I have to say – I know people request to not have their glass rimmed with sugar or salt, but those people? Have WAY more will power than I will ever have. I would sooner not have the whole drink to give up that rim full of lickable salt or sugar!! Call me crazy!
I used crystalized sugar from my baking sprinkles — both clear and purple to rim to the lime doused edge of the glass.
Fill the glass with ice, drop in a few blueberries, and add a lime slice to the edge. Give the pitcher a stir and pour it in!
Who wants one? Or two…???
- 4 cups blueberries
- 2 heaping Tablespoons of sugar
- ¼ cup water
- for the simple syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- juice of 2 large limes
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) Triple Sec
- 12 ounces (1½ cups) Silver Tequila
- Lime slices and sugar for garnishing
- Place blueberries, sugar and water in your food processor and puree until smooth. Pour though a strainer, reserve the juice and discard the solids.
- Place a pan with water to boil on the stove, add the sugar in and stir until dissolved. Remove from heat, pour in lime juice, stir. Cool.
- In a 2 quart pitcher, pour in simple syrup, blueberry puree, tequila and triple sec. Stir.
- Rim glasses with lime juice and coat in sugar. Drop in blueberries, add a lime slice and fill glasses to the top with ice.
- Pour in drink. Enjoy!
Here’s a colorful margarita you can EAT!