It’s been almost a year since I first saw this recipe for Margarita Fruit Salad, posted by a fellow food blogger.
I stashed it away until this summer when I could get the fruit ripe and delicious as it is now!
The lime margarita “dressing” over the fruit is the perfect accompaniment to any meal, really. It’s a nice fresh salad full of the fruits of your choosing. I used flavors that I love in a margarita: watermelon, peach and strawberry. I added in green grapes, for color and nectarines and pineapple, because they are favorites of mine. You can add anything you would like — but I recommend you simply TRY it. If you like margaritas, you are bound to like this salad!
I love how it’s so bright and colorful! It would make a fabulous “party” salad, don’t you think?
I tweaked the measurements a little bit from her original recipe, but I am sure it’s delicious either way.
I thought it would be fun to rim some margarita glasses with colored sugar for serving. I served this salad as a fun side to my Shredded Beef Enchiladas and we had Frosted Mexican Brownies for dessert.
Don’t you just love Mexican Monday??
- 8 cups fresh fruit cut in chunks (I used watermelon, strawberries, peaches, green grapes, pineapple and nectarines)
- 4½ teaspoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons Triple Sec (Orange Liquor)
- 3 ounces silver tequila
- Zest of 1 lime
- 3 Tablespoons fresh Lime Juice
- Cut fruit into chunks and place in a big bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Pour over salad and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Original Recipe from Seasonal & Holiday Recipe Exchange