Creamy Vanilla Almond Fruit Dip is made with 4 simple ingredients; Cool Whip, vanilla pudding, milk, and almond extract. This easy fruit dip recipe comes together in minutes and will be the perfect addition to your fruit platter. No marshmallow creme and no cream cheese are needed for this one. In fact, this one is low in calories making it almost guilt free!
Are you looking for a light and fresh fruit dip recipe? Well, you came to the right spot!
Vanilla Almond Fruit Dip is a decadent way to enjoy your favorite fruit, cookies or crackers. Serve this simple recipe at family gatherings pot lucks, or even as a healthy snack. It’s a low-carb fluffy and light dip that everyone can enjoy. Read on to see a few tricks to make it safe, even for diabetics.
A huge thank you to my friend, Rhonda for sharing one of her favorite recipes with me! Here is another one from Rhonda, her Caramel Apple Dip Recipe.
How to Make Fruit Dip without Cream Cheese
Have you noticed that most fruit dips contain cream cheese? Well, cream cheese fruit dip isn’t always the answer! Fewer ingredients mean fewer calories, and fewer calories are great when you are able to enjoy a sweet fruit dip and not feel bad about it afterward.
Make Fruit Dip Without Marshmallow Cream
We have all enjoyed marshmallow fruit dip at one time or another, right? Well, again, it’s not the only way to make a fluffy fruit dip, and that sugary marshmallow fluff also adds more sugar. If you use sugar-free Jell-O in this recipe, and Cool Whip Free, you can cut the sugar back even more, making this recipe perfect for diabetics.
Ingredients Needed To Make Vanilla Pudding And Cool Whip Fruit Dip
Find the complete measurements and instructions in the printable recipe card at the bottom of this post.
- Jell-O Instant Vanilla Pudding – Choose sugar-free for fewer calories and sugars. You can also switch up the flavor of the pudding to make a variety of dip flavors.
- Milk– Any kind of milk will work, choose skim milk to reduce the calorie content of this dip.
- Cool Whip – Lite Cool Whip works well too again for reducing fat and calorie content. Sugar-Free Cool Whip also works in this recipe.
- Almond extract – Pure Almond is what you want to use. Don’t use Flavored Almond Extract. Pure Vanilla Extract is a nice substitute for a vanilla dip.
How to make this Vanilla Almond Fruit Dip recipe
This recipe comes together quickly and easily so you’ll be dipping in no time.
First: Mix vanilla pudding and milk together in a small bowl.
Second: Fold in Cool Whip until combined.
Third: Add pure almond extract, taste, and add more if you feel it needs it.
Fourth: Chill until ready to serve with your favorite fresh fruit, vanilla wafers, and/or graham crackers.
Love it? Pin it!
This really is the best fruit dip! If you love this Vanilla Almond Fruit Dip recipe make sure that you don’t lose it! Pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board before you go!
FAQ About Fruit Dip Recipes
There are many questions when it comes to making the best fruit dip.
What is fruit dip made of?
Fruit dip can be made with a number of different things. This recipe is made without marshmallow fluff and without yogurt. It calls for easy-to-use instant vanilla pudding and Cool Whip.
What are healthy fruits to dip in fruit dip?
All fruits are good for dipping but I especially like berries; fresh strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries. You can choose whichever fruits your gang likes. We love apple slices, red grapes, bananas, kiwi, and pineapple, too. There is no wrong answer, this creamy fruit dip is heavenly on all sorts of fruits!
How long will fruit dip last in the fridge?
Fruit dip will last about 5 days in the fridge if it is in an airtight container.
How many calories are in fruit dip?
The calorie content of fruit dip is really dependent on the ingredients. In this dip, prepared exactly as the recipe states, there are approximately 28 calories per serving.
Does the Cool Whip have to be thawed before adding into a fruit dip?
You can add the Cool Whip directly from the freezer, but it’s harder to stir. I typically thaw mine first. Set the Cool Whip container in a bowl of warm water and it will thaw quickly.
What can I substitute for Cool Whip?
You can use whipped cream instead of Cool Whip. Whip the whipped cream until stiff peaks form and add to the other ingredients.
Easy Fruit Dip Substitutions and Variations
It’s easy to tweak this fruit dip recipe. Make the changes to your liking and enjoy it all sorts of ways!
- This fruit dip can easily be made diabetic-friendly by using fat-free/sugar-free Jello and Lite Cool Whip.
- Using fat-free and sugar-free options reduces the number of calories as well.
- Add a tablespoon of lemon zest or orange zest to add some zing to the fruit dip.
- Sprinkle the dip with cinnamon or pumpkin spice for a wonderful fall fruit dip.
- Top the creamy dip with sprinkles for a fun birthday party celebration.
- Use vanilla extract instead of almond extract for a vanilla fruit dip.
Love Fruit? Here are More Ways to Enjoy it!
Fruit is a common ingredient in so many of my recipes! Here are some more fruit recipes to love:
- No Bake Fruit Tart (pictured above)
- Honey Lemon Fruit Salad
- Blueberry Fruit Dip
- Summer Fruit Salad with Honey Lime Vinaigrette
- Sweet Crepes with Summer Fruits
- High Fiber Smoothie
- Whipped Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Easy Fruit Salad
- Triple Berry Trifle
Ready to get dipping? Let’s get to the recipe for this guilt-free fruit dip!
- 1(3.4 ounce) box of Jell-O Instant Vanilla Pudding
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 1-2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- Mix vanilla pudding and milk together in a small bowl.
- Fold in Cool Whip until combined.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of pure almond extract, taste and add more if you feel it needs it.
- Chill until ready to serve with your favorite fruit, vanilla wafers and/or graham crackers.
Make sure that you use PURE almond extract for this recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 28Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 23mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g
Please note that nutrition is not guaranteed accurate.