My family and friends will confirm, this candy coated popcorn will be the hit of your next party! I got this recipe years ago from my friend, Traci, and have been making it ever since. It couldn’t be easier, it only has 3 ingredients, and I haven’t ever taken this sweet treat somewhere and not written the recipe out for someone at the party.
Don’t forget to pin this before you go!
Let’s get to this simple and addicting recipe!!
- 3 squares almond bark
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 bags microwave popcorn, “old maids” removed
- sprinkles/sugar crystals (optional)
- Pop the popcorn as directed on the package. Remove all of the unpopped kernels. Pour into a large bowl, or a paper grocery sack. Melt almond bark squares and oil in your microwave for one to one and a half minutes, or until you are able to stir into a pourable consistency. Pour warm mixture over popcorn and toss.
- After the popcorn is evenly covered, shake the desired sprinkles onto the corn and shake until you have it coated to your liking. Let it sit in a large bowl to “dry” for a while, especially if you decide to put into treat bags.
(The reason I prefer to use a paper grocery bag is that you can roll the top down and shake it. it coats evenly and you don’t end up with popcorn all over the floor….although my two puppies LOVE the ones that hit the floor!)
I have also added M&Ms after it's cooled. Use your imagination!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 101Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 112mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g