Homemade Chipotle Ranch Dressing, packed with flavor, is the perfect addition to any salad. Filled with fresh herbs & spices, with the smoky taste of Adobo Chili Peppers you’ll want to put it on everything! Also makes a wonderful dip!
Does your family go through ranch dressing at a rapid rate like mine does? Well switch things up and give your taste buds a serious tickle with this Homemade Chipotle Ranch Dressing! It’ll make any salad eater smile, and also makes a great dip for veggies, fries, and onion rings.
Today I will show you how to make this fresh and delicious salad, full of colorful veggies and topped with Crispy Steak Strips. This hearty salad makes a great summertime or anytime meal the whole family will love!
This recipe is sponsored by Great American Comfort Classics, but my opinions of their products and statements made here are all my own.
GREAT AMERICAN COMFORT CLASSICS Crispy Steak Strips
If you have been following along with me the last couple of months, you have heard me speak of a new frozen food line by Great American Foods called Comfort Classics. They are new to our area, and we have really been enjoying the taste and the simplicity of them.
The Great American Comfort Food Collection has Southern Style Chicken Breast Fillets, Meatloaf Slices, Country Fried Steaks, Chicken & Waffle Style Bites, and these Crispy Steak Strips that I will be using for our Southwestern Steak Salad today.
Why You’re Sure to Love this Recipe
- Quick and Easy: This creamy and flavorful chipotle ranch comes together within minutes. You’re already making a delicious and quick salad, why not go the extra mile with a simple dressing made from scratch?
- Delicious & Full of Protein: Smooth and smoky, this spicy chipotle ranch is made with a little bit of heat, but not too much, making it the perfect balance of savory flavors. This homemade Southwestern salad works for dinner because it is loaded with protein from the savory steak bites!
- Family-Friendly: The whole family will love this tasty ranch dressing that is such a crowd-pleaser! Everyone will be asking for seconds after they’ve tasted this delicious salad!
What is Chipotle Ranch Dressing Made of?
Be sure not to miss the full measurements and instructions in the recipe card below!
- Seasoning: For this dressing, you will need garlic powder, onion powder, and smoked paprika.
- Fresh Ingredients: Don’t miss the fresh herbs! You will want to make sure you have fresh cilantro, dill, and even fresh scallions on hand.
- Sour cream: Feel free to use either regular or reduced-fat sour cream.
- Chipotle Chili Peppers in Adobo Sauce: You can find canned chipotle chili peppers in the canned section at the local market or in the international food section.
- Milk: Milk is used to thin the ranch out, and you can use any kind.
How to Make Chipotle Ranch Salad Dressing from Scratch
You are going to love how simple this ranch dressing is! With very few steps, you will have a nice and hearty salad ready in no time!
First, combine the mayo, sour cream, chipotle peppers and sauce, fresh herbs, and spices in a food processor or blender until smooth.
Give the mixture a taste and sprinkle with salt and pepper to your liking.
Next, the dressing will be thick and will thicken even more when you refrigerate it. So, if you plan to eat it immediately, add some milk to the mixture to thin it out to your liking. Refrigerating the dressing before serving, will thicken it up, so you may need to mix in a couple more tablespoons of milk before pouring it over your salad.
If you use it as a dip, you’ll love the thickness it has right from the fridge.
Next, assemble the salad with whatever type of leafy greens and fresh vegetables you have on hand. I like to use sweet peppers, green onions, romaine lettuce and spinach, and even sliced radishes. In the summertime, homegrown tomatoes and sweetcorn make a wonderful addition.
I also love to spice it up with some cubed pepper jack cheese. Use what you have on hand, or shop for your favorites and make it your own!
Next, cook the frozen steak strips by following the package’s instructions.
Add the warm Crispy Steak Strips to the top of the arranged salad, top with your homemade chipotle ranch dressing. Serve and enjoy!
LOVE IT? PIN IT!
Don’t forget to save this recipe to your favorite recipes Pinterest board so that you can find it easily!
GREAT AMERICAN COMFORT CLASSICS
As I mentioned earlier, I was recently asked to try some new convenience items at my local HyVee supermarket. Comfort Classics, under the Great American brand, is a new line of fully cooked protein comfort food classics. The collection has Southern Style Chicken Breast Fillets, Meatloaf Slices, Crispy Steak Strips, Country Fried Steaks, and Chicken & Waffle Style Bites.
All of the Comfort Classics items were made with savvy parent consumers in mind, addressing the need for high quality, good tasting, convenient ways to prepare meals for their families. It’s perfect for when moms and dads are busy with work, kids, life in general and they don’t always have the time to cook, but are trying to stay out of the drive-thru, and just want to gather around the dinner table and enjoy some much needed family time after a crazy day.
Comfort Classics has a nice variety of proteins to choose from that can be prepared in the oven, microwave, or air fryer, for a meal that is ready in minutes!
How I have used the Comfort Classic proteins
I have been enjoying these quick and easy meats in a variety of ways.
In April, I made this meal using their Southern Fried Chicken Fillets. I showed how this comforting meal of breaded chicken fillets, a green veggie, and my Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes and Comfort Classics gravy was on the table in about 45 minutes! You heard right, 45 minutes to this Sunday supper quality meal.
Last month, I went a different route, and instead of showing you some comforting simple side dishes to go with their delicious protein options, I decided to show how you can take one of their already tasty products, and turn it into a meal that you may not have even considered making at home. Using their Chicken & Waffle Bites, I made Homemade Sweet & Sour Chicken!
This month, I am showing you a great way to have a quick and easy summery salad that is still hearty enough to fill even this biggest of eaters, using their Crispy Steak Strips.
What’s to love about these Crispy Steak Strips?
Aside from the fact that you can make them in a matter of minutes, since they are fully cooked before being frozen, using your microwave, air fryer, or oven, for a quick and easy meal, the beef pattie strip fritters are made with premium ingredients and are an excellent source of protein.
Protein will keep you feeling full longer, mixed with all of these wonderful veggies and a homemade dressing made with wholesome dairy, this steak salad recipe is a keeper!
If you are looking to prepare a good old-fashioned comfort meal – try whipping up the packet of peppered white gravy and serving these steak strips over biscuits!
Expert Tips for making Chipotle Ranch Dressing
- You won’t use the whole can of chili peppers, toss them in the freezer in an airtight container to add to other recipes like chili or enchiladas.
- Feel free to use fresh parsley rather than cilantro.
- The juice of a half lime is also a nice addition to this dressing.
- Use any type of milk for this recipe.
- This ranch dressing also works as a yummy ranch dip, too! Dip your hot wings, pizza, mozzarella sticks, fresh veggies, and so much more into some homemade ranch dip.
- Store homemade chipotle ranch dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to ten days.
Does Chipotle Ranch Have Gluten?
This homemade chipotle ranch dressing recipe does not have any gluten in it! Unlike most storebought ranches, this homemade chipotle ranch doesn’t contain any of that extra stuff.
WHERE YOU CAN FIND GREAT AMERICAN COMFORT CLASSICS
Great American Comfort Classics launched its new line at select Hy-Vee stores in Omaha and neighboring Midwest states in April 2021. You will find Comfort Classics in the frozen aisle. But never fear, if you don’t live near here, your local supermarket may carry the brand, too! You can find out by checking Great American Brand’s website for more details.
But what if you don’t see your location listed? If you want to see these delicious comfort food classics in your store, fill out a comment card or ask the store manager if they can get them in for you, and be sure to follow Great American Comfort Classics on their Facebook page for more information and recipes.
Stay tuned next month for a great recipe that is perfect for back to school and tailgating using the meatloaf slices!
Love Salads? Check out These dressings and salad recipes!
- Homemade Thousand Island Dressing
- Loaded Spinach Salad
- Bacon Cashew Broccoli Salad
- Pasta Salad with Bacon and Ranch
- Greek-Style Cucumber Salad
Let’s make a quick meal the whole family is sure to love! Here’s the complete recipe for Southwestern Steak Salad with Chipotle Ranch Dressing!!
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro chopped
- 1 Tablespoon scallions, chopped
- 1/2 Tablespoon fresh dill, minced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 chipotle Chili Peppers in Adobo Sauce, + 1/2 teaspoon of the sauce
- sprinkle of salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons to 1/4 cup of milk
- Combine the mayo, sour cream, chipotle peppers and sauce, fresh herbs, and spices in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Give it a taste and sprinkle with salt and pepper to your liking.
- At this stage, the dressing will be thick and will thicken even more when you refrigerate it. So, if you plan to eat it immediately, add about 2 Tablespoons of milk to the dressing to thin it out. Planning to enjoy it as a dip? Simply omit the milk. If you refrigerate the dressing before serving, you may need to add in a couple more Tablespoons of milk before pouring over your salad.
You won't use the whole can of chili peppers, toss them in the freezer in an airtight container to add to other recipes like chili or enchiladas.
Parsley makes a good substitute for those who don't care for cilantro.
The juice of a half lime is also a nice addition to this dressing.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 141Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 149mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
Please note that nutrition is not guaranteed accurate. Recipe is based on 2 Tablespoons as a serving.