^^ Can’t Make them Now? Pin Them for Later! ^^
- 4 large green bell peppers
- 16 ounces baby bells mushrooms, sliced, rough chopped
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced, rough chopped
- 3/4 pound good quality deli roast beef, I bought a medium rare one
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Seasoned Salt & Seasoned Pepper to taste
- 8 thicker slices of Provolone Cheese, (can sub shredded Mozzarella)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Cut the tops off of your bell peppers and clean out the inside, chop the pepper on that's left around the stem, set aside. Slice onion and mushrooms, set aside.
- Slightly chop the roast beef, set aside.
- Place peppers in a baking dish prepared with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place a slice of cheese in the bottom of each pepper.
- In a skillet over medium heat melt butter. Add garlic, mushrooms, chopped pepper and onion and cook until caramelized, about 20 minutes.
- Add meat, season with seasoned salt and pepper, and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Divide meat mixture evenly between peppers, cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover, add a slice of cheese to the top of each pepper and bake for 10 minutes more.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 839 Total Fat: 59g Saturated Fat: 36g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 206mg Sodium: 2310mg Carbohydrates: 18g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 10g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 61g