- 4 cups hash brown potatoes, defrosted
- 1/2 cup green onion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 cups Italian or French bread, cubed without crust
- 1 1/4 cup cream (substitute milk if need be)
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9″ deep dish pie plate with non-stick cooking spray.
Cook and crumble bacon into fairly large pieces.
Melt butter in a skillet over high heat. Add hash browns and onions and cook for about 5 minutes.
Press into bottom and sides of pie pan.
Place bread crumbs in next and top with bacon.
In a bowl, whisk together eggs, cream salt, pepper and Dijon mustard.
Pour over breadcrumbs and bacon.
Top with Cheese. (or mix in to egg mixture)
Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown on top and egg is set.
Let sit for 5 minutes before cutting.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 7529 Total Fat: 533g Saturated Fat: 209g Trans Fat: 6g Unsaturated Fat: 292g Cholesterol: 1809mg Sodium: 16093mg Carbohydrates: 397g Fiber: 31g Sugar: 27g Protein: 298g