- Filling (make 24 hours before the cake)
- 1 - 12 ounce package frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup water
- zest and juice of 1 lemon (about 2 T of each)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Tablespoons of cornstarch dissolved in 2 Tablespoons of water
- 1 – 15.25 ounce box white cake mix
- 3/4 cup frozen concentrate lemonade
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 egg whites
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- a couple drops of yellow food coloring, optional
- 6 cups powdered sugar
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 3-4 Tablespoons of Lemonade concentrate.
- yellow food coloring
- Fresh Raspberries
In a saucepan bring water and raspberries to a boil, reduce and simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Strain the seeds out, and return sauce to saucepan, add sugar, lemon juice and zest and simmer for another 5 minutes or so. Add cornstarch/water mixture and simmer and stir until it thickens. About 5 minutes more. Place in refrigerator for 24 hours to set.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and line cupcake pan with liners.
Stir ingredients together until incorporated and then beat for 2 minutes. Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Beat butter until creamy. Add half of the powdered sugar and mix in, add the rest and the lemonade, mix until incorporated and beat until fluffy. Add a couple of drops of yellow food coloring until desired color is achieved.
With a knife make a small hole in the middle of the cupcake,
Fill that hole with raspberry filling.
Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and top off with a fresh raspberry.
Store in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 357 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 8g Cholesterol: 25mg Sodium: 161mg Carbohydrates: 54g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 46g Protein: 2g