- 2 boxes of white cake mix
- 2 cans cherry pie filling
- Double batch of whipped cream frosting
- Prepare cake mixes according to the box instructions. I made 3 8×8 layers and did 6 cupcakes. If you want a taller cake, make 4 layers.
- Open one can of cherries, and mash with a potato masher. It will look sort of like a jam. With a large bread knife slice the layers in half. Spread a spoonful of cherries on the bottom layer, the layer above it will get whipped frosting on the BOTTOM of the layer. Keep alternating.
- Take a spoon or a rubber spatula and tidy up the sides. Place cake and frosting in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. Pull out and “fill in” the sides where the layers are with frosting then do an all-over “crumb coat layer.” Put it back in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
- Frost the cake. I piped on a circle of frosting at the base and on the top of the cake.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- From the second can of cherries, pull out the cherries, avoiding a lot of sauce, and place on the top of the cake inside the frosting circle.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 2100Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 778mgCarbohydrates: 451gFiber: 9gSugar: 77gProtein: 13g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.