Buttery chocolate chip cookie crumb crust, filled with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, hot fudge, and more cookies and cookie crumbles. This Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake is perfect for celebrating!
Ever since my oldest son was old enough to choose his own birthday cake, it’s always been an ice cream cake of some sort. The flavors change throughout the years, but one thing remains the same – his love of homemade ice cream cakes. This is the one I made him this year for his 25th birthday, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake.
I made this particular Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake with a chocolate chip cookie crust, similar to how you prepare a graham cracker crust. It’s then layered in a springform pan with chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream and hot fudge. Topped with more hot fudge and chocolate chip cookies.
SOME OF THE ITEMS BELOW CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS; I AM A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES. I AM ALSO AN AFFILIATE FOR OTHER BRANDS. HOWEVER, I ONLY PROMOTE THINGS THAT I LOVE AND THINK YOU WILL LOVE, TOO. FOR MY ENTIRE DISCLOSURE POLICY PLEASE CLICK HERE.
The original date of this recipe post was November of 2013. It was revised December of 2019.
What do I need to make a Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake?
- chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
- hot fudge
- chocolate chip cookies and butter OR
- refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- a springform pan
- a mini food chopper
Over the years I have made countless ice cream desserts. In fact, I have an entire section full of recipes for Ice Cream & Frozen Treats! If you are like us, and you adore ice cream, you’ll have to browse through them all.
Other Ice Cream Cake Recipes You’ll Enjoy:
- 46 chocolate chip cookies, (I used Chips Ahoy) divided
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 (12 ounce) jar hot fudge
- 1 quart Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice cream, softened
- In your food processor, pulse 40 cookies, reserving 6 to decorate the top. (there will still be fairly decent sized chocolate chips, you don't want dust, just cookie crumbles)
- Remove half of the cookie crumbles, set aside. To the remaining half, add melted butter and pulse to combine.
- Press into the bottom of a 9" springform pan with the back of a fork.
- Heat jar of hot fudge in microwave according to jar directions.
- Drizzle 1/3 of the hot fudge over the cookie crust.
- Top fudge with half of the softened ice cream, spread evenly. Drizzle 1/3 more of the hot fudge sauce over the ice cream, top with half of remaining cookie crumbs. Add the remainder of the ice cream, spread into pan.
- Swirl the remaining hot fudge on top of ice cream, top with remaining cookie crumbs. Decorate with half pieces of cookies, if desired, by pressing them into the soft ice cream.
- Cover with foil and freeze for 24 hours before serving.
To prepare this ice cream cake with a cookie bottom: You will need 1 (8 ounce tube) of refrigerated cookie dough and 2/3 cup chocolate chips.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line the bottom of a 9″ springform pan with parchment paper. Press 2/3 of the cookie dough into the bottom of pan and bake about 20-23 minutes, or until cookie is done. Take the rest of the cookie dough and bake into 6 cookies. Heat jar of hot fudge in microwave according to jar directions. Pour over the warm cookie, reserving about 1/4 cup. Top fudge with softened ice cream, spread evenly. Swirl the remaining hot fudge on top of ice cream. Top with chocolate chips. Break cookies in half, and press cookies into the top to decorate. Cover with foil and freeze for 24 hours before serving.
Baking times vary for each crust. Plan to freeze for at least 24 hours. Serves 12 to 16 people depending on the size of the slices.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 672 Total Fat: 41g Saturated Fat: 24g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 15g Cholesterol: 15mg Sodium: 62mg Carbohydrates: 88g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 74g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 6g