This Lemonade Chex Mix is perfect for party time snacking, or for gift giving. It’s sweet lemony taste is over the top!
I am so super excited to share this recipe with you all today! Not only have I had to keep it under wraps for weeks now, it comes with a bonus review of Gemma Lynn Touchstone’s new book “Party Style – Kids’ Birthday Parties from Baby to Sweet 16.”
Gemma reached out to me last summer asking if I would like to be part of her Party Style Blog Book Tour. I would receive a copy of her new book, and in return, I got to swoon over it, make a fun recipe from it, and share it with all of you when my day finally came… and it’s finally here! YAY!
You all know how much I LOVE to throw a party, right?
I was instantly in love with the book the moment I opened it. I was hooked! The ideas, the recipes and the breathtaking photography made you want to pour over each and every page… then start all over again.
I had fun taking the “Determine your party style” quiz in the front of the book. As it turns out I am a cross between Visionary and Pinning Host. Not surprising. I love to pour over ideas and recipes, saving and narrowing them down to the perfect fit. There is nothing more fun to me than throwing a themed party!
Well except planning the food … am I right?
Gemma’s party recipes were so clever! I immediately fell in love with this Lemonade Chex Mix, though — you all know that I am a self-proclaimed lemon addict!
World’s Best Hot Chocolate Cheesecake Dip, Candy Skewers, Zucchini Rolls … the list goes on and on — and just when you think there couldn’t be anything cuter … she has a whole section of party foods served in mason jars!
.be still me party loving heart.
Receive over $2,500.00 worth of exclusive party printables with your Book purchase for download off of the www.ILovePartyStyle.com website.
This Lemonade Chex Mix would be so fun to use as individual favors at each place setting in a cute little cup — or in ribbon tied gift bags as a homemade gift for friends, family or teachers.
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 4 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 9 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Pour cereal into a large bowl, set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter, chips, zest and juice. Whisking continually until melted and smooth. Pour over cereal. Stir to coat, being careful not to break the cereal.
- Pour cereal into a brown paper bag, dump the powdered sugar in, and gently shake to coat completely.
Ready for a giveaway? These prizes are Gemma’s “Must Haves” for the perfect party. Giveaway runs from October 1 – November 15th, 2015. THE GRAND PRIZE is a kitchen aid mixer, IPAD Air, Honeycomb Decor Pack with multiple sizes and colors, Bakers Bling sanding sugar in several colors, $100.00 gift card to Home Goods, $100.00 Gift card to Michael’s Craft Store and and Autographed copy of the book.
You can’t win if you don’t enter!
Enter to win some AWESOME prizes from Gemma! a Rafflecopter giveaway
See Gemma in your area:
- Gemma Touchstone will be teaching pin worthy parties at the pinners conference in Salt Lake City, UT Nov 6th & 7th and you can save 10% on tickets with ticket code partystyle.
- Gemma Touchstone will be speaking at ISSE along with Colin Cowie and some other amazing speakers and you can save $500.00 on your ticket when you mention PartyStyle Book Tour
- Find Gemma at the OC DATE NIGHT MARKET March 11th. For more dates on her Tour around the USA Please visit the Blog
Want to see the whole book blog tour? Take a look here!
Gemma’s Next HOLIDAY HOSTESS is already in the works and will be out in time for the holiday season in 2016