This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Banana Boat® and OFF!®. The opinions and text are all mine.
This potato salad is heavy on the hard boiled egg – and topped with a fantastic dressing using dill pickles! What’s a picnic without potato salad?
We absolutely LIVE in our backyard in the summertime. Three years ago we put in a pool, and it’s like our own stay-cation resort. On the weekends, you will find us lounging poolside, or floating in the water. One thing about living in Nebraska, the temperatures are extreme, cold in the winter and hot and humid in the summer. Trust me when I say that we welcome the hot and humid with open arms and short sleeves when it comes!
Even our boxer refuses to be inside.
Good thing he enjoys his own pool raft!
We spend hours in the sun and we have to keep our skin protected! We always have plenty of sunscreen on hand and reapply frequently.
Whether the sun shine finds us in our own backyard or out on the lake in our boat, you will find us with Banana Boat® SunComfort Sunscreen in hand. We love it because of it’s water resistant formula, one application protecting up to 80 minutes, and it provides safe and effective broad spectrum UVA and UVA protection. It is available in SPF 30 and 50+, and moisturizes your skin to relieve dryness.
As the day wears on, we get out of our wet clothes, throw dinner on the grill, and eat outside.
When dusk comes, and the temperatures drop, we light our fire pit and gather around. Making s’mores and reminisce over our day. Of course that is when more bugs come out. Anyone who knows me, knows that I am always the first one bit. Sometimes the only one. So, for me insect repellent is a must. Looking for the can of OFF! Deep Woods® ? You will find that right next to me. It boasts long-lasting mosquito protection – repelling mosquitoes that may carry the Zika or Dengue virus.
Here are some tips for applying OFF!® correctly:
- Always shake well before using!
- Hold container 6 to 8 inches from skin or clothing and spray with a slow sweeping motion. Do not apply over cuts, wounds, irritated or sunburned skin. Do not spray in enclosed areas. Use just enough repellent to cover exposed skin and/or clothing. Avoid over-application of this product. Frequent reapplication and saturation are unnecessary. Do not allow children to handle this product. Do not apply to children’s hands. When using on children, apply to your own hands and then put it on the child. After returning indoors, wash treated skin with soap and water. Spread evenly with hands to moisten all exposed skin.
- Applying to face: Spray palm of hand first and then apply sparingly and avoid eyes. Do not spray directly onto face. Do not apply near eyes and mouth. Apply sparingly around ears.
- Do not use under clothing. Spray shirts, pants, socks, and hats. For ticks and chiggers also spray cuffs, socks and around other openings in outer clothing. Will not damage cotton, wool, or nylon. Do not apply on or near: acetate, rayon, spandex or other synthetics (other than nylon), furniture, plastics, watch crystals, leather and painted or varnished surfaces including automobiles.
There is nothing that can put the damper on a nice evening outside than a bug bite!
Of course, in our house the patio and get-togethers typically center around the food!
Picnic Food = Potato Salad
I would have to say that I am a bit of a potato salad snob, though. I typically like mine more like egg salad with potatoes in it, and I don’t want it super sweet. I finally perfected my recipe, and I am sharing it with you today. I hope that you enjoy it, the next time you gather your family around for a nice meal on the patio.
- 3 pounds gold potatoes, cooked, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 7 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery (about 3 stalks) chopped
- 1/3 cup green onion (about 2) sliced
- For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1 Tablespoon stone ground mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Makes enough for a large crowd. Perfect for pot lucks.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 300 Total Fat: 19g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 122mg Sodium: 238mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 2g Protein: 7g
-Banana Boat SunComfort® & OFF!® at Walmart-
Total sun care and bug protection for your summer can be found at your local Walmart.