This potato salad is heavy on the hard-boiled egg – and topped with a fantastic dressing using dill pickles! What’s a picnic without potato salad?
We absolutely LIVE in our backyard in the summertime. Three years ago we put in a pool, and it’s like our own stay-cation resort.
On the weekends, you will find us lounging poolside, or floating in the water. One thing about living in Nebraska, the temperatures are extreme, cold in the winter and hot and humid in the summer.
Trust me when I say that we welcome the hot and humid with open arms and short sleeves when it comes!
Even our boxer refuses to be inside.
Boxers aren’t good swimmers, so it’s a good thing he enjoys his own pool raft!
Pin this recipe before you go to make sure you can find it when you need it!
We spend hours in the sun and we have to keep our skin protected! We always have plenty of sunscreen on hand and reapply frequently.
Whether the sun shine finds us in our own backyard or out on the lake in our boat, you will find us with Banana Boat® SunComfort Sunscreen in hand.
We love it because of its water-resistant formula, one application protecting up to 80 minutes, and it provides safe and effective broad-spectrum UVA and UVA protection.
It is available in SPF 30 and 50+, and moisturizes your skin to relieve dryness.
As the day wears on, we get out of our wet clothes, throw dinner on the grill, and eat outside.
When dusk comes, and the temperatures drop, we light our fire pit and gather around. Making s’mores and reminisce over our day. Of course, that is when more bugs come out.
Anyone who knows me knows that I am always the first one bit. Sometimes the only one. So, for me, insect repellent is a must.
Looking for the can of OFF! Deep Woods®? You will find that right next to me. It boasts long-lasting mosquito protection – repelling mosquitoes that may carry the Zika or Dengue virus.
Tips for applying OFF!® Insect Repellant correctly:
- Always shake well before using!
- Hold container 6 to 8 inches from skin or clothing and spray with a slow sweeping motion. Do not apply over cuts, wounds, irritated or sunburned skin. Do not spray in enclosed areas. Use just enough repellent to cover exposed skin and/or clothing. Avoid over-application of this product. Frequent reapplication and saturation are unnecessary. Do not allow children to handle this product. Do not apply to children’s hands. When using on children, apply to your own hands and then put it on the child. After returning indoors, wash treated skin with soap and water. Spread evenly with hands to moisten all exposed skin.
- Applying to face: Spray palm of hand first and then apply sparingly and avoid eyes. Do not spray directly onto face. Do not apply near eyes and mouth. Apply sparingly around ears.
- Do not use under clothing. Spray shirts, pants, socks, and hats. For ticks and chiggers also spray cuffs, socks and around other openings in outer clothing. Will not damage cotton, wool, or nylon. Do not apply on or near: acetate, rayon, spandex or other synthetics (other than nylon), furniture, plastics, watch crystals, leather and painted or varnished surfaces including automobiles.
There is nothing that can put the damper on a nice evening outside than a bug bite!
Of course, in our house, the patio and get-togethers typically center around the food!
Picnic Food = Potato Salad
Potato Salad with Lots of Hard Boiled Egg
I’m a bit of a potato salad snob, though. Typically I prefer mine to be more like egg salad with potatoes in it, and more on the savory side rather than the sweet.
After some fails and many tries, I have finally perfected my recipe, and I am sharing it with you today. I hope that you enjoy it, the next time you gather your family around for a nice meal on the patio.
Tip: I used to always struggle with getting my hard-boiled eggs to peel. Not anymore! Not with this no fail, easy peel hard boiled egg method.
Let’s make some Potato Salad!
- 3 pounds gold potatoes, cooked, peeled and cut into bite sized pieces
- 7 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery (about 3 stalks) chopped
- 1/3 cup green onion (about 2) sliced
- For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 1 Tablespoon stone ground mustard
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Makes enough for a large crowd. Perfect for pot lucks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 238mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.
-Banana Boat SunComfort® & OFF!® at Walmart-
Total sun care and bug protection for your summer can be found at your local Walmart.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Banana Boat® and OFF!®. The opinions and text are all mine.