- 8 minute steaks
- salt and pepper
- 2 cans of Cream of Mushroom soup
- 2 cans of mushrooms (or fresh if you have them on hand)
- 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons of beef bouillon granuals or 2 cubes dissolved in 2 cups of water
- bell pepper rings (I used one of each, red, green and yellow for this meal)
- 2 small bags of cooked rice (about 4 cups uncooked)
Dredge minute steaks in flour, salt and pepper. Place in heated oil in your frying pan, brown them until they are nice and brown on both sides. I don’t use much oil, just enough to get them brown, so there isn’t much oil left. Just that nice crusty part that flakes off. To the meat add the soup, mushrooms, tomatoes, soy sauce and beef broth. Combine, cover and simmer, stirring so they don’t stick every once in a while.
I usually cook them about 30-40 minutes. They will be nice and tender.
For the last 5-7 minutes of simmering, place the peppers on top and cover again. This way they will be firm when you serve it.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 1154 Total Fat: 63g Saturated Fat: 23g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 31g Cholesterol: 286mg Sodium: 1448mg Carbohydrates: 57g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 3g Protein: 85g