Enjoy the Qdoba Mexican Eats’ creamy, cheesy appetizer goodness anytime with this delectable homemade Copy Cat Qdoba Queso recipe! If you have always wanted to make Qdoba Queso at home – now is your chance! This top secret recipe comes together easily in your slow cooker!
Qdoba Mexican Grill serves an absolutely delectable cheese sauce made from real cheese. Qdoba’s queso is quite possibly the best queso dip recipe!
Serving a warm dip that everyone will love has never been easier than with this slow cooker 3 cheese queso! This tasty, creamy dip makes the ultimate brunch addition, game day appetizer or just an irresistible snack.
Made with deliciously creamy Monterey Jack Cheese, White American Cheese, spicy Poblano Peppers, juicy chopped tomatoes and yummy garlic flavor, this dip pairs wonderfully with crunchy tortilla chips, carrots or pita chips.
Want other yummy dip recipes to try? Try my Cool Spinach Dip or my Olive Dip (Old Fashioned Stuffed Celery Dip)!
Are you like many people and were saddened to see when the Qdoba near you vanished? I have heard that from many readers. That was when I knew it was time to add a new copycat recipe to our collection.
And this one here couldn’t be easier! Your slow cooker does most of the work for you – heck, serve it right out of the crock pot for fewer dishes if you want!
WHAT IS QDOBA QUESO MADE OF?
Looking for more copy cat recipes to try? Try my Copy Cat Taco Bell Enchirito Recipe or my Copy Cat El Bee’s Margaritas!
INGREDIENTS FOR QDOBA 3 CHEESE QUESO
This recipe uses a handful of simple ingredients that you may already have in the refrigerator or pantry! For the full measurements, scroll down to the recipe card.
- Monterey Jack Cheese: Often included in Mexican style dishes, Monterey Jack Cheese is mild, slightly sweet and melts perfectly.
- American Cheese: Adds a sharp flavor that blends perfectly with the other mouth-watering flavors.
- White American Cheese: Gives the sauce the iconic pale color and creamy Mexican flair that is often seen in Mexican restaurants.
- Poblano Peppers: These roasted spicy peppers are the secret star of this dip!
- Tomatoes: Enhances the sauce with a juicy salsa flavoring.
- Heavy Cream: Helps reduce the thickness of the cheese dip. Add extra to thin the dip to your preferred desire.
- Garlic Powder: Ground garlic has a less intense flavor than fresh. It will also dissolve better in the melted cheese.
- Salt: Added for flavor and taste.
tip: serve with fresh cilantro if you like
HOW TO MAKE QDOBA QUESO COPY CAT RECIPE
My Qdoba copy cat recipe is so incredibly easy to prepare! To see even more detailed steps, please scroll down to the recipe card.
Begin by roasting your peppers. To roast your poblano peppers, simply slice the peppers in half and remove the seeds.
Place them on a baking sheet, covered in foil. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake in a 450-degree oven for 10-15 minutes. Let them cool until they are cool enough to touch. Remove the blackened outer skin, discard.
Chop the roasted peppers.
In most places, you can purchase all of the cheese you need for this recipe right at your deli counter. Take it home and shred it yourself.
If you are unable to find it at the deli counter, you can purchase the American and White American Cheese slices and chop them into smaller pieces. I used a little of both.
Place shredded cheeses, roasted peppers, chopped tomatoes, cream and garlic into your slow cooker.
Stir to combine.
Set crock pot to low, and cook for 2 hours. Stirring occasionally until the cheese is melted. Thin with more heavy cream if necessary.
Season to taste with salt.
Serve hot from the crockpot with tortilla chips.
Love it? Pin it!
Don’t forget where you found this spicy cheese dip recipe! Pin it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest before you go!
Aside from eating this dip all on its own with tortilla chips the way God intended it – try adding it to burrito bowls, chili con carne, taco salads, and taco soup, or dip your taquitos in it!
OTHER DIP RECIPES TO ENJOY
- Pico de Gallo (pictured above)
- Philly Cheese Steak Dip
- Jalapeño Popper Dip
- Dorothy’s Hot Taco Dip
- Hot Taco Five Bean Dip
- Chili Cheese Bean Dip
- See ALL of my DIP RECIPES Here
COPY CAT RECIPES
Here at An Affair from the Heart we LOVE our restaurant copy cat recipes! Here are some of our favorites:
- Taco Bell Enchirito (pictured above)
- Wendy’s Taco Salad
- Taco Bell Mexican Pizza
- KFC Cole Slaw
- Olive Garden’s Zuppa Toscana
- Harry & David’s Moose Munch
- McDonald’s Fish Sandwich and Big Mac
- Starbucks Medicine Ball Tea
- Skyline Chili
- See ALL of my COPY CAT Recipes HERE
Let’s make this creamy, cheesy dip!
Copy Cat Qdoba Queso
Enjoy Qdoba Mexican Eats' creamy, cheesy appetizer goodness anytime with this delectable homemade Copy Cat Qdoba Queso recipe!
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces American cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces White American cheese, shredded
- 3 Poblano peppers, roasted
- 8 ounces tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream (+ additional to thin the cheese dip if needed)
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- Salt, to taste
- Begin by roasting your peppers. Slice the peppers in half and remove the seeds. Place on a baking sheet, covered in foil. Drizzle with a little olive oil. Bake in a 450 degree oven for 10-15 minutes. Let them cool until they are cool enough to touch. Remove the blackened outer skin, discard. Chop the roasted peppers.
- Place shredded cheeses, roasted peppers, chopped tomatoes, cream and garlic into your slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Set crock pot to low, and cook for 2 hours. Stirring occasionally until the cheese is melted. Thin with more cream if necessary.
- Season to taste with salt.
- Serve hot from the crockpot with tortilla chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 103mgSodium: 996mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 18g
Please note that nutrition is not guaranteed accurate.
Leave a Reply