Creamy and cool spinach dip is the perfect way to serve up raw veggies, crackers or bread. Uses frozen spinach, water chestnuts, dry vegetable soup, sour cream and mayo. Packed with flavor – everyone loves it!
Anytime my mother-in-law would have a get-together, you could bet that this cool Spinach Dip was present for happy hour! She would always have some snacks set out for everyone as we all arrived at the farm. The adults would have a cocktail and the kids would run around with their cousins.
This spinach dip was my niece, Leah’s favorite! I can’t make it without thinking of her. This one and of course the famous Dill Pickle Dip recipe that I got from her.
Easy Homemade Cool Spinach Dip
Need an appetizer dish that can be prepped in minutes? This spinach dip recipe is the best when you need a cold appetizer or snack for any holiday or get-together! With easy ingredients like nutrient-rich frozen spinach, tangy sour cream, crunchy green onions and creamy mayo, this dip is an instant classic.
Don’t forget the chips! This dip can be served with veggies, crackers, chips, or in a bread bowl with torn-up bread for dipping. Pita chips and plain tortilla chips seem to be a general crowd favorite. Everyone will love my No-Knead Crusty Dutch Oven Bread paired with this creamy spinach dip, too!
Almost every casual get-together has chips and dip. It’s a classic appetizer! Don’t settle for the pre-made version when you can serve this delectable, fresh dip. Your guests will thank you. Need another quick and easy cold dip? Try my Olive Dip (Old Fashioned Stuffed Celery Dip).
My recipe is similar to the well-known Knorr spinach dip but without cream cheese. This is a healthier version and you will not miss the cream cheese – trust me!
Spinach dip can be enjoyed either hot or cold, depending on the recipe. Looking for a hot spinach appetizer instead? Try my Spinach and Artichoke Dip!
WHY THIS COLD SPINACH DIP WORKS SO WELL
- Quick and Easy: This creamy and cold spinach dip only takes 5 minutes of prep time to put together.
- Versatile Ingredients: Most of the ingredients needed for this tasty dip are commonly used in many recipes – most of them are probably already in your fridge right now.
- Perfect for Brunch: You can bring this easy spinach dip to any get-together that requires appetizers or snacks.
- Pairs Perfectly: Serve with veggies, crackers, chips, or in a bread bowl with torn bread for dipping.
INGREDIENTS FOR EASY SPINACH DIP
- Frozen Spinach: Did you know that spinach is a nutritional powerhouse? It’s an excellent source of vitamin K, important for maintaining bone health, as well as an excellent source of vitamins A, C, and folic acid.
- Sour Cream: To add the texture and tang and the richness of buttery cream, sour cream is added to this recipe. You could substitute Greek yogurt if you like.
- Mayonnaise: Perfectly balancing out the tangy sour cream is the creamy mayonnaise. This also stops the dip from becoming too watery, thin or separated. I use regular mayo, but you could use reduced fat if you like.
- Dry Vegetable Soup Mix: Adding in this soup mix helps to add fresh flavor and additional fiber to this dip.
- Water Chestnuts: This recipe calls for drained and chopped fine water chestnuts, which will give the dip a sweeter and nuttier flavor. It also gives the dip a nice crunch!
- Green Onions: Finely chopped green onions add a crunch and a mild onion flavor.
HOW TO MAKE COOL SPINACH DIP
Begin by thawing out the frozen spinach, then drain and squeeze until there is no excess moisture.
In a bowl combine the spinach with the remaining ingredients, saving a few green onions to garnish the dip when you serve it.
Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
Serve the dip in a bread bowl or regular bowl surrounded by bread, crackers and raw veggies.
Store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Love It? Pin It!
Don’t forget where you found this creamy spinach dip recipe! Pin it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest before you go!
HUNGRY FOR OTHER DIPS?
- Dilled Brussels Sprouts Dip (pictured above)
- Philly Cheese Steak Dip
- Caramel Apple Dip
- Jalapeño Popper Dip
- Sausage Cheese Dip
- Slow-Cooker Crab Dip
- Dorothy’s Hot Taco Dip
- Swiss Cheese Dip
- Crock Pot Reuben Dip
Check out ALL of my Dip Recipes!
Let’s make a Cool Spinach Dip!
Cool Spinach Dip
Creamy and cool spinach dip is the perfect way to serve up raw veggies, crackers or bread. Uses frozen spinach, water chestnuts, dry vegetable soup, sour cream and mayo. Packed with flavor - everyone loves it!
- 1 10 ounce package of frozen spinach, drained, and chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 package (1 5/8 ounce size) dry vegetable soup mix
- 1 8 ounce can water chestnuts, drained and chopped fine
- 3 green onions, chopped fine
- Thaw frozen spinach, drain and squeeze until there is no excess moisture.
- In a bowl combine the spinach with the remaining ingredients, saving a few green onions to garnish the dip when you serve it.
- Cover and chill for at least 3 hours.
- Serve the dip in a bread bowl or regular bowl surrounded by breads, crackers and raw veggies.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 267mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
Please note that nutrition is not guaranteed accurate.
Leave a Reply