Baked Chicken and Wild Rice – Sunday Supper Anytime
SOME OF THE ITEMS BELOW CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS; I AM A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES. I AM ALSO AN AFFILIATE FOR OTHER BRANDS. HOWEVER, I ONLY PROMOTE THINGS THAT I LOVE AND THINK YOU WILL LOVE, TOO. FOR MY ENTIRE DISCLOSURE POLICY PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Three Ingredient Meals that Taste Like you Spent all Day in the Kitchen
You know, just because you made a quick and simple meal, using only a few ingredients, it doesn’t have to taste like it. This Baked Chicken and Wild Rice tastes like you spent the whole day in the kitchen, when in fact the prep takes about 5 minutes, and then you pop it in the oven and pretty much forget about it, with the exception of basting it every so often.
When you remove it from the oven, you have your meal almost ready. You have your protein, your starch, and all you need is a vegetable. (yes, I was raised in the day where your dinner plate should contain meat, a starch, and a vegetable – it stuck with me)
We used to just zap some frozen veggies or canned veggies in the microwave while we carved the chicken, that was until one day when I decided I was going to make my life even easier. I know – it’s hard to believe this meal gets any easier, right? Well, it can be when you open a jar of Paisley Farm Five Bean Salad!
Paisley Farm Five Bean Salad – the Easiest Side Dish ever!
For years now, I have shared all sorts of ways to incorporate Paisley Farm Five Bean Salad and Four Bean Salads into your recipes. This shortcut is not only fast and delicious, but this salad is also incredibly nutritious, full of Garbonzo, Wax, Green, Kidney, Pinto Beans, with the addition of onions and red peppers.
They have a sweet pickled taste straight from the jar, making them the perfect quick side dish to any meal. But that didn’t mean they weren’t fantastic as an additive to this Five Bean Chicken Chili or spiced up in this Mexican Bean Salad!
Paisley Farm bean salads are low calorie, healthy, gluten-free and made of all-natural ingredients, right in Willoughby, Ohio, USA. Paisley Farm has been in the business of vegetable pickling since 1945. Pop over to their website to see all of the fantastic products that are available, and how to get your hands on some!
While you’re there, be sure to browse through tons of tasty recipes, and be sure to follow them on their social accounts for even more recipes year-round.
Ingredients in Chicken with Wild Rice Stuffing
All you need for this roasted chicken with wild rice is a 3-5 pound whole chicken, a couple of packages of Long Grain and Wild Ready Rice, butter and salt and pepper. That’s it.
How to make an easy Baked Whole Chicken with Wild Rice Stuffing
Rinse the chicken in cool water, inside and out, and pat it dry with paper towels before placing it in the roaster.
(This is where I used to make him “dance” for the kids when they were little… but of course, this step is optional!)
Brush with melted butter inside and out (sometimes I just use spray butter — one more shortcut) then stuff it with the warmed rice and sprinkle it with salt & pepper.
Bake it, basting it every so often.
*You can find a full printable recipe at the bottom of this post.*
Many times I add mushrooms to the rice before I stuff the chicken. If you have followed me long, you may have noticed that I like to add mushrooms to many of my recipes.
Love it? Pin it!
Can’t wait to make this Baked Chicken and Wild Rice? Don’t forget where you found the recipe! Pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board before you go!
What is the safe internal temperature for a stuffed whole chicken?
More Delicious Ways to Enjoy Paisley Farm Bean Salads
- Hot Taco Bean Dip (pictured above) Uses Five Bean Salad
- Five Bean Ground Beef & Noodle Skillet Meal
- Mexican Four Bean Salad
- Five Bean Chicken Chili
Recipes that Use Paisley Farm Pickled Brussels Sprouts:
Recipes that Use Paisley Farm Mushrooms:
Recipes that Use Paisley Farm Beets:
Recipes that Use Paisley Farm Cauliflower:
Recipe with the BRAND NEW Sliced Apples with Cinnamon:
See ALL of my Paisley Farm Recipes Here
Let’s make this Easy Baked Chicken and Wild Rice Stuffing!
Easy Baked Chicken with Wild Rice Stuffing
This Baked Chicken Stuffed with Wild Rice feels like you are enjoying a comforting Sunday Supper anytime. It’s so easy to make, with only 3 ingredients, it bakes perfectly and tastes amazing!
- 1 whole chicken 3-5 pounds in weight
- 2-3 packages of Uncle Ben's Long Grain and Wild Ready Rice Packets (depending on the size of your chicken)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Spray the inside of your roasting pan with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Rinse chicken in cool water inside and out, and pat it dry with paper towels place the chicken in the roasting pan.
- Heat the rice packets in the microwave for 90 seconds. The rice is already cooked, but this helps loosen it up a bit and makes it easier to stuff the chicken.
- Brush the chicken inside and out with the melted butter.
- Stuff the cavity of the chicken with the rice. I like plenty of rice in mine so I typically will have some spilling out.
- Bake covered for about one hour, baste, cover again for 30 minutes, baste again. Leave the lid off until the chicken reaches 165 degrees F in the breast and 175 degrees in the thigh. (for a 5 pound chicken it typically takes about 2 hours total in the oven.) Over the next 30 minutes, baste the chicken a couple of times to get the skin nice and crispy and golden brown.
- Remove chicken when the skin is golden brown and the internal temperature is safe. Remove the rice, and carve the chicken. Serve.
* Cooking times and amount of rice for stuffing will vary depending on the size of your chicken, so plan accordingly.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Paisley Farm Five Bean Salad, 24 oz (Pack of 6)
UNCLE BEN’S Ready Rice: Long Grain & Wild with Herbs & Seasonings
12-Piece Black Sharp Knife Set with Covers, Cutting Board and Sharpener
Norpro Deluxe Stainless Steel Baster with Injector and Cleaning Brush
Thermapen Mk4 Instant-read Thermometer
Granite Ware Covered Oval Roaster, 13 inches, Black
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 255Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 81mgSodium: 144mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 21g
Nutrition isn't guaranteed accurate.
This recipe was originally posted on October 26, 2011. It has been updated to improve user experience and to share how easy it is to make and to enjoy with Paisley Farm’s Five Bean Salad and re-shared on December 18th, 2020.
Leave a Reply