^LOVE IT? PIN IT!^
What do I need to make Mom’s Sausage & Sage Dressing?
- turkey giblets
- pork sausage
- bread crumbs
- chicken broth
- Turkey giblets
- 2 pounds pork sausage
- 2 large packages Pepperidge Farm bread crumbs (1 Herb Seasoned, 1 Country Style)
- 2 cups celery, chopped, divided
- 2 onions minced, divided
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 2 Tablespoons parsley
- 1 quart chicken broth, divided
- 1 stick of butter, melted (1/2 cup)
- Place giblets, 1 cup celery and 1 onion in a saucepan, pour half broth, half water just to cover. Simmer on low for approximately one hour, or until giblets are tender. Remove from heat.
- Brown sausage with sage until cooked. Set aside.
- Chop turkey giblets until minced well. *Reserve liquid to use when you are making your gravy.
- Combine giblets, sausage, celery, onion, parsley with your bread crumbs. Working with your hands, add melted butter and small amounts of broth until dressing is moist, and forms into a ball.
- Stuff your turkey full. (we typically make a 20 pound bird) Wrap remaining stuffing in heavy duty foil.
- Bake turkey according to package instructions for a stuffed bird.
- To bake the foil package, place in oven with turkey about 45 minutes before turkey is done.
- When turkey is cooked, remove stuffing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 4241 Total Fat: 350g Saturated Fat: 141g Trans Fat: 5g Unsaturated Fat: 183g Cholesterol: 1538mg Sodium: 12411mg Carbohydrates: 71g Fiber: 10g Sugar: 32g Protein: 210g