Better Than Sex Chocolate Chex Mix Recipe
Better Than Sex
“I’ll have what she’s having”
Ingredients in Better Than Sex Chex
This Chex mix dessert is so simple to make – you even use your microwave! Here is what you’ll need to make it:
- chocolate Chex cereal
- brown sugar
- light corn syrup
- baking soda
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Mini’s
- miniature marshmallows
- caramels or caramel bits if you can find them
- milk chocolate chips
- white chocolate chips
- coarse sea salt
- Valentine sprinkles (optional)
How to Make this Better Than Sex Chocolate Chex Mix Recipe
Step One: Pour cereal into a large microwaveable bowl, set it aside. Line a cookie sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
Step Two: In a two-cup microwavable measuring cup, combine sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until melted and smooth. Stir in baking soda until dissolved.
Step Three: Pour mixture over the cereal and stir to coat. Place the bowl in the microwave and heat on high for 3 minutes, stopping after each minute to stir.
Step Four: Spread the coated cereal onto a cookie sheet and cool slightly. When the cereal is cool to the touch break it into bite-sized pieces.
Step Five: Evenly sprinkle marshmallows and mini peanut butter cups over the cereal.
Step Six: Melt the caramels or caramel bits and cream in the microwave in 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth.
Drizzle the caramel over the top. Next, melt the milk chocolate in 20-second intervals and stir until smooth. Drizzle over the top.
Finally, Melt the white chocolate the same way, watch closely, so the chocolate doesn’t burn. Drizzle over the top.
Step Seven: Sprinkle with sea salt while still wet.
Sprinkles with Valentine Sprinkles or candies if desired.Step Eight: Place in the fridge to set the caramel and chocolate drizzle. Break and store in an air-tight container.
Love it? Pin it!
I bet you can’t wait to try this Better Than Sex Snack Mix with caramel and chocolate, Can you? Don’t forget where you found the recipe! Pin it to your favorite Pinterest recipe board so you can find it easily!
Other Snack Mix Recipes to Drool Over
Nothing becomes the hit of the party faster than a snack mix! Sweet or savory, popcorn and snack mix recipes are always a favorite! But just because you don’t have a party to go to doesn’t mean that you can’t whip up a batch of Chex Mix, Muddy Buddies or Puppy Chow anytime the mood strikes!
It’s great for family game night and movie night noshing!
Here are some other great sweet Chex Mix recipes to try:
- White Chocolate Strawberry Muddy Buddies (pictured above)
- Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex Mix
- Caramel Churro Chex Mix
- Double Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies
- Crack Corn a.k.a. Candy Coated Popcorn
- Lemonade Chex Mix
- Valentine Trash Snack Mix
- Winter Wonderland Snack Mix
- Candy Coated Crispix Mix
- 8 cups chocolate Chex cereal
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 6 Tablespoons butter
- 3 Tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Reese's Peanut Butter Cups Mini's
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup caramel bits
- 1 Tablespoon cream
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Pour cereal into a large microwaveable bowl , set aside.
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- In a two-cup microwavable measuring cup, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup.
- Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until melted and smooth. Stir in baking soda until dissolved Pour mixture over the cereal and stir to coat.
- Place bowl in microwave and heat on high for 3 minutes, stopping after each minute to stir.
- Spread onto cookie sheet and cool.When cereal is cool to the touch break into bite sized pieces.
- Evenly sprinkle marshmallows and mini peanut butter cups over the cereal.
- Melt the caramel and cream in 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Drizzle over the top.
- Next comes the milk chocolate, melt in 20-second intervals and stir until smooth. Drizzle over the top.
- Lastly, the white chocolate. Watch closely, so the chocolate doesn't burn. Drizzle over the top.
- Sprinkle with sea salt while still wet.
- Add sprinkles if desired.
- Place in the fridge to set.
- Break into smaller pieces and store in an air-tight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 536Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 676mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 2gSugar: 59gProtein: 6g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.