Cinnamon Chex, covered in chocolate, dusted with hot cocoa, powdered sugar and garnished with white chocolate covered marshmallows.
Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex Mix, just in time for the holidays and those chilly winter months. If you love those flavors of chocolate and cinnamon that Mexican chocolate has, this snack mix is JUST for you!
Did you start your holiday baking this past weekend? I always try to start the weekend after Thanksgiving, at least with the recipes that do well in the freezer.
In between shopping – both in person and online, that is! I mean you can’t let those black Friday and Cyber Monday deals just slip by, right?
Speaking of online shopping — keep reading to see how you can WIN a $175 Amazon Gift Card!
I make a TON of cookies and candies for my holiday platters. But one other thing I always add to them? Snack mixes! Cookie platters don’t have to be just cookies.
For years I hosted a big cookie exchange with my girlfriends. I stopped when it seemed like everyone just got too busy. One year I made my Crispix Snack Mix and used decorated Pringles cans to give it away at the cookie exchange. It was super cute.
That was before I worked my blog full time, and I had time to be crafty like that. These days I put in 60 hour + weeks, and look for things like my Never Fail Fudge, or my Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars to make things stretch a little further.
About a week ago, I went to empty my P.O. Box. Typically I don’t find anything too exciting in it. That day I had a slip that said I needed to sign for a package.
I was so perplexed! I didn’t order anything, and I never get “fun mail” at my P.O. Box. Heck – most of the time I get someone else’s mail — but that’s a whole other story.
Chex Cereal sent me a huge box of goodies with inspiration on how to make Chex Mixes that had a “Christmas Movie Theme.” One of them was called “Polar Express Hot Chocolate Chex Mix.”
I used it as inspiration for this Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex Mix. It was perfect for the box of Cinnamon Chex Cereal that was included in all of the goodies!
Ingredients in Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex Mix:
- Cinnamon Chex Cereal
- powdered sugar
- hot cocoa mix
- white chocolate chips
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
Powdered sugar-coated Chex mix, also known as Puppy Chow or Muddy Buddies, is super simple to make.
Add cinnamon Chex cereal to a big bowl, and mix together cinnamon, hot cocoa mix and powdered sugar in a small bowl.
Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips and pour it over the cereal and stir to coat it. Pour the cereal into a 2 gallon ziplock bag and dump the powdered sugar mixture in. Zip it closed and give it a good shake to coat the cereal in the powdered mixture.
Spread it out on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
Melt the white chocolate chips and stir in the marshmallows into the melted white chocolate. Coat the marshmallows in chocolate.
Spread the marshmallows onto another cookie sheet covered in parchment paper, and in about 30 minutes the chocolate will be set. Then you can stir them into the cereal mixture.
This Mexican Hot Chocolate Chex Mix is perfect for snacking, holiday movie watching, and gift giving!
We are so excited that one lucky winner will receive a $175 Amazon Gift Card – just in time for the holidays!
Brought to you by:
- An Affair From the Heart
- As For Me and My Homestead
- Bowl Me Over
- Coffee With Us Three
- Ever After in the Woods
- Everyday Eileen
- Intelligent Domestications
- Juggling Act Mama
- Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Lazy Budget Chef
- Life Currents
- Mandatory Mooch
- Simple and Savory
- Simply Blended Smoothies
- Terri Steffes
- Walking on Sunshine Recipes
$175 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway
Official Rules and Conditions: One winner will receive a $175 Amazon Gift Card. Open to US residents 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Amazon, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 12/16/2019. Enter using the widget below. The prize will be delivered electronically.
^Love it? Pin it!^
If you love this recipe, and you can’t wait to try it, make sure you pin it to your favorite Pinterest board before you go. You will be happy you did when you are looking for it!
I am wishing you all sorts of holiday luck in the giveaway – and I hope you really enjoy this Chex mix!
Other Great Holiday Snack Mix Recipes:
- Winter Wonderland Snack Mix
- Coconut Muddy Buddies
- White Trash Mix
- Lemonade Chex Mix
- Cake Batter Puppy Chow
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Puppy Chow
Let’s get to the recipe!
Add cinnamon Chex cereal to a big bowl, and mix together cinnamon, hot cocoa mix and powdered sugar in a small bowl.Spread it out on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- 1 (12 ounce) box Cinnamon Chex cereal
- 1/2 cup hot cocoa mix
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cup miniature marshmallows
- Line two large cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Add cinnamon Chex cereal to a big bowl, and mix together cinnamon, hot cocoa mix and powdered sugar in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a microwave safe dish, melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips in 30 second intervals, stirring in between each until chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour it over the cereal and stir to coat it. Pour the cereal into a 2 gallon ziplock bag and dump the powdered sugar mixture in. Zip it closed and give it a good shake to coat the cereal in the powdered mixture.
- Spread it out on a cookie sheet covered in parchment paper.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, melst white chips for 30 seconds, then in 15 second increments, stirring in between, until melted and smooth. elt the white chocolate chips and stir in the marshmallows into the melted white chocolate. Coat the marshmallows in chocolate.
- Spread the marshmallows onto another cookie sheet covered in parchment paper, and in about 30 minutes the chocolate will be set. Then you can stir them into the cereal mixture.
- Finish with sprinkles if desired.
- Store in an airtight container.
Yield:27 servings (1/2 cup each)
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 108 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 60mg Carbohydrates: 20g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 16g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g