SOME OF THE ITEMS BELOW CONTAIN AFFILIATE LINKS; I AM A PARTICIPANT IN THE AMAZON SERVICES LLC ASSOCIATES PROGRAM, AN AFFILIATE ADVERTISING PROGRAM DESIGNED TO PROVIDE A MEANS FOR US TO EARN FEES BY LINKING TO AMAZON.COM AND AFFILIATED SITES. I AM ALSO AN AFFILIATE FOR OTHER BRANDS. HOWEVER, I ONLY PROMOTE THINGS THAT I LOVE AND THINK YOU WILL LOVE, TOO. FOR MY ENTIRE DISCLOSURE POLICY PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Ingredients in Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars:
- butter, eggs, milk
- sugar, flour, powdered sugar
- salt, baking powder
- vanilla and almond extract
- food coloring and sprinkles (optional)
Love Sugar Cookies? Us, too! Here are some other sugar cookies you will enjoy!
- Old Fashioned Frosted Sour Cream Sugar Cookies
- Grandma Davis’ Sugar Cookies
- Great Aunt Vern’s Sugar Cookies
- Sugar Cookie Bars with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- Sweet Potato Sugar Cookies with Marshmallow Frosting
Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
These Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars are loved by kids of all ages. The, not too sweet, vanilla cookie bottom, is slathered with a fluffy frosting flavored with almond extract. Totally customizable for any holiday, this large batch is perfect for parties and feeding a crowd!
For the Cookies
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (can add 1/2 teaspoon almond extract if desired)
- 5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
For the Frosting
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract
- pinch of salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 5 Tablespoons milk
- food coloring and sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- For the cookies: Cream together butter and sugar. Add vanilla and eggs, and beat well.
- Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl, and gradually add to creamed mixture, mixing well.
- Spread into greased 13×18 pan, bake for 10-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool, and then frost.
- For the frosting: In a mixer, cream together butter and shortening, add extract and salt.
- Add powdered sugar and milk a little at a time, mixing until fluffy.
- Can tint with food coloring if desired. Top with sprinkles if you choose.
I typically add a little bit of almond extract to the cookie batter, too. But it's totally up to you! If you prefer the vanilla option, omit it all together.
I cut into larger bars, and get 35 bars. You can cut into smaller squares and get twice that many if you choose.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 265Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 82mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 0gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
Nutrition isn't guaranteed accurate.
Leave a Reply