Taco Tuesday and Meatloaf Monday meet in the middle in this flavorful Easy Mexican Taco Meatloaf! Ground beef mixed with taco seasoning and loaded with tortilla chips and cheese. Serve it up “taco style” with all of your favorite toppings!
Who doesn’t love Taco Tuesday?! Our entire family loves Mexican cuisine, and I love putting new twists on the traditional taco night. This Tuesday mix it up and try out this simple Taco Meatloaf recipe!
You are sure to love this cheesy seasoned ground beef meatloaf, and your family will love dressing up their plate with their favorite toppings. You will love how quick this dinner is to make! (your secret is safe with me!)
My best Mexican meatloaf recipe is super-duper easy to make, and you could absolutely toss the ingredients together and bake it later that day or the next.
Serve this taco-inspired dish with all of the traditional fixings: lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream, avocados, salsa, and black olives. The meat is flavored with a taco seasoning packet. If you prefer to make everything from scratch, you can make this taco stuffed meatloaf with homemade taco seasoning!
WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO MAKE MEXICAN-STYLE MEATLOAF?
INGREDIENTS FOR TACO STYLE MEATLOAF
- Lean Ground Beef: Can switch ground beef with ground turkey for less saturated fat.
- Taco Seasoning Mix: An additional spice that compliments the Mexican-style ingredients perfectly.
- Eggs: Used as a binding agent to keep the meatloaf from falling apart.
- Sour Cream: Adds a creaminess to balance out an otherwise spicy dish.
- Crushed Corn Tortilla Chips: A second binding agent to give the meatloaf its shape. Want to add even more flavor? Try using your favorite Doritos!
- Salt & Pepper: To taste.
- Mexican Cheese: Adds a creamy, cheesy taste while also complementing the other Mexican cuisine flavors.
Did you know that grating your own cheese is not only better for cooking but it’s more economical?
HOW TO MAKE TACO MEATLOAF
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan with non-stick spray.
Combine all ingredients – except cheese – with your hands and form into a loaf.
Place in pan. Cover with foil.
Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove foil, top with cheese. Bake 5 minutes more. Once the internal temperature of the taco meatloaf, at the thickest part reaches 155F degrees, it is considered done.
Serve with taco toppings like lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, avocado, black olives, and sour cream.
Love it? Pin it!
Don’t forget where you found this flavorful Mexican-inspired recipe! Pin it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest before you go!
Love Meatloaf? Us, too!! So much so that I arranged all of my favorite meatloaf recipes together in one spot. Check out these Loaves and Loaves of Meatloaf Recipes!
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL ENJOY
Check out these tasty taco-inspired dishes as well as some of my favorite meatloaf recipes:
- Taco Soup (pictured above)
- Shredded Beef Enchiladas
- Stuffed Pepper Meatloaf
- Italian Meatloaf Sliders
- Bacon Cheeseburger Meatloaf
- Mom’s Pork Sausage Meatloaf
- Baked Shredded Beef Tacos
- Stuffed Pepper Meatloaf
- Loaded Taco Baked Potatoes
Taco Tuesday is upon us!! Let’s wow them all with this delicious Taco Meatloaf recipe!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 - 1 ounce package of taco seasoning mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 sour cream (+ more for serving)
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2/3 cup Mexican Cheese (+ more for serving)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine all ingredients (except cheese) with hands and form into a loaf. Place in pan.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes. Remove Foil, top with cheese. Bake 5 minutes more.
- Serve with taco toppings like lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, avocado, black olives and sour cream.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 344Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 157mgSodium: 454mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 37g
nutrition isn't always accurate.
This recipe was originally posted on September 14, 2014. It has been updated to improve user experience and reshared on April 25, 2022.