Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 3 cups brown rice, prepared
- 2 pounds lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, cut into smaller pieces
- 6 sweet vine peppers, tri colored, sliced
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 4 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 (29 oz) can tomato sauce
- 4 cups low sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- salt and pepper
Brown ground beef with a little salt and pepper in your skillet. Drain.
Add to it the peppers, onion and garlic, and saute for about 5-10 minutes.
In your soup kettle or crock pot, add tomatoes, sauce, marjoram and broth.
Add beef/pepper mixture.
Prepare your rice, and set aside.
Simmer on the stove for about 45 minutes to marry the flavors.
Or cook on low in crock pot all day.
Before serving add rice.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 562Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 135mgSodium: 1054mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 8gSugar: 12gProtein: 51g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.