Combine all of the savory flavors from my classic Stuffed Peppers but put them in soup form and voila! Made with lean ground beef, tomatoes, tender brown rice and fresh bell peppers, this Stuffed Bell Pepper Soup is a total crowd pleaser.
Want other warm, delicious soups to try? Try my Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup or my Creamy Cabbage & Bleu Cheese Soup!
WHAT IS STUFFED PEPPER SOUP?
You will love the comforting, warm flavors in this soup. The flavors and ingredients blend together beautifully. Plus, the rice gives it such a great texture and makes it even more filling.
Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
How to Store Leftover Stuffed Pepper Soup
You can store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container for about 5 days. But my favorite thing about leftover pepper soup is how well it freezes! I take the leftovers and put them in portion-sized containers in the freezer. When the hubby travels, I have dinner as fast as I can thaw it!
What to Serve with Un-Stuffed Pepper Soup?
I feel like this salad is hearty all on its own – but it’s also delicious topped with some Homemade Croutons or a slice of Peasant Bread if you want to carb it up a bit!
INGREDIENTS FOR STUFFED GREEN PEPPER SOUP
- Brown Minute Rice: Gives the soup extra filling and hearty texture in just 10 minutes. Alternative: White Rice.
- Lean Ground Beef: Loaded with nutrients and antioxidants, lean ground beef is considered the best meat for stuffed peppers. Alternative: ground turkey or chicken.
- Onion: Pairs well with the pepper flavors.
- Green Bell Pepper: Low in carbs and a rich source of nutrients, these peppers are not spicy and loaded with flavor.
- Vine Peppers: Pairs well with bell peppers and other ingredients.
- Garlic: Used in many stews and soups to add savory flavor.
- Diced Tomatoes: Can use red roasted tomatoes instead if additional spice is preferred.
- Tomato Sauce: Thickens and enriches the flavor of the soup.
- Beef Broth: Combined with the tomato sauce, adds a bit of sauce and moisture to the soup.
- Marjoram: Added to tomato sauces to infuse more flavor.
- Salt and Pepper: To taste.
HOW TO MAKE STUFFED BELL PEPPER SOUP
In a Dutch oven, brown ground beef with a little salt and pepper. Drain any excess fat.
Add in the onion and garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes. Next, add in the peppers and cook for 5 minutes more. Pour in tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef stock and marjoram.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Prepare your rice. Right before serving, add the rice. Serve hot.
Love it? Pin it!
Don’t forget where you found this warm soup recipe! Pin it to your favorite recipe board on Pinterest before you go!
OTHER RECIPES YOU WILL ENJOY
If you have visited me before, you probably know it’s no secret how much I love anything stuffed pepper! I have tons of ways to enjoy the traditional flavors of stuffed peppers, as well as some delicious and unique twists, too!
Here are some of my favorites:
- Stuffed Pepper Skillet
- Stuffed Peppers (pictured above)
- Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- “Stuffed Pepper” Meatballs
- Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers
See ALL of my Soup Recipes
Let’s get to the recipe, so we can get to eating a piping hot bowl of this stuffed pepper soup!
Stuffed Pepper Soup
This easy Stuffed Pepper Soup is made with hearty, flavorful ingredients like brown rice, lean ground beef, tomatoes and various peppers. It's low carb, high in fiber and low in calories!
- 1 cup brown minute rice, prepared (about 1 1/2 cups prepared)
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into smaller pieces
- 6 sweet vine peppers, tri-colored, sliced
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 cans (14.5 oz) of diced tomatoes
- 1 ( 8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (32 ounce) container beef broth
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a Dutch oven, brown ground beef with a little salt and pepper. Drain any excess fat.
- Add in the onion and garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes. Next, add in the peppers and cook for 5 minutes more.
- Pour in tomatoes, tomato sauce, beef stock and marjoram.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Prepare your rice.
- Right before serving, add the rice.
- Serve hot.
To make in a slow cooker: Complete steps one and two and put the meat mixture along with the other ingredients (except the rice) in your slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours.
This soup freezes really well!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 272Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 356mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 27g
Nutrition isn't always accurate.
This recipe was originally posted on September 11, 2013. It has been updated to improve user experience and reshared on April 27, 2022.
Leave a Reply